Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

butlertotheb

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
so I just downloaded black jack and went to play it and the iphone totally froze on the welcome pop up. I have tried to hold down the home button for 10 seconds or so and tried to turn the whole thing off but that didnt work either. What can i do?

snook911

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2007
Yorba Linda, CA
so I just downloaded black jack and went to play it and the iphone totally froze on the welcome pop up. I have tried to hold down the home button for 10 seconds or so and tried to turn the whole thing off but that didnt work either. What can i do?

Are you holding the sleep and home button down at the same time? It just says home button in your post and you have to hold both in together.

butlertotheb

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
Are you holding the sleep and home button down at the same time? It just says home button in your post and you have to hold both in together.

oh my lord thank you so much, i cant believe i didnt think to push them both down, holy crap i feel dump, thanks though!!

russellkmoore

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2007
sleep + home didn't work for me.

Had the same problem today - as soon as I clicked "Start Game!" the whole thing froze - the ringer switch, home button, and sleep button all do not respond. I did try the sleep & home together to no avail - several times, and for extended periods. I was just able to restore from a backup however (ugh).

carfac

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2006
I have had this problem with a few different things I installed with Installer.app.

I have found that if you install, it is best to restart your iPhone before you run the program.

I have had the iPhone lock a couple times. Usually, if I restart, no problems.

Hope this helps!

iPHONEohsev

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2007
Iphone Freeze

Snook...u Are My Hero. My Iphone Just Froze N I Didnt Know To Hold The Home And Sleep Button Together And My Phone Finally Restarted, Thank Youuuuu!!!!!!! I Was Freaking Out.:)

SowjanyaReddy

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2009

Hi, yesterday i faced similar type of issue with my iPhone, it got frozen for a long time, i was really worried and tried holding home & sleep button at the same time... it worked properly within 5 seconds...your answer really helped me a lot. Thank you so much..:)

Mr. D

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2009

The name is Mr. D and I would like to Thank both Butlertotheb for making this thread available to my search engines on Firefox to pick up when I put the words

"iphone freeze" and clicked enter to find anything online about this problem I just had.

and especially thanks to snook for the answer he given

I was in the middle of copying and pasting something from a txt message to an online site I go to, when I think the problem was I was going back and forth to fast and froze my iphone up :\

same thing as russellkmoore, the ringer switch, home button, and sleep button all do not respond. so I did a search online and this site came up to this thread.

and it's fixed I was afraid I just screwed myself over with that and I just got my first iPhone not less than 2 weeks ago

Vassili

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2011
Snook...u Are My Hero. My Iphone Just Froze N I Didnt Know To Hold The Home And Sleep Button Together And My Phone Finally Restarted, Thank Youuuuu!!!!!!! I Was Freaking Out.:)

hero indeed, mine was frozen and i even tried restoring :S failed that coz an error acuired, then googled the issue and came by this post :D... cheers

kesh365

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2012
iphone hang

please help me

I have recently updated with ios 6. and jailbreak.

After sometime my iphone is hanged.

and it is not connected with itunes

I tried for reboot bat nothing happen.

what do I do?

any suggestion?

----------

Don't feel dumb I think questions like that are what this board is for. Glad it all worked out.:D

hi help me

snook911

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2007
Yorba Linda, CA
please help me

I have recently updated with ios 6. and jailbreak.

After sometime my iphone is hanged.

and it is not connected with itunes

I tried for reboot bat nothing happen.

what do I do?

any suggestion?

----------

hi help me

Ok if your phone is jailbroken you realize that it won't be anymore if you update to iOS 6. It sounds like you need to restore. Put the phone in DFU mode by connecting it to iTunes and pressing the home button and sleep button at the same time. This should allow you to restore the phone which will give you iOS6. Good Luck!!

kesh365

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2012
Ok if your phone is jailbroken you realize that it won't be anymore if you update to iOS 6. It sounds like you need to restore. Put the phone in DFU mode by connecting it to iTunes and pressing the home button and sleep button at the same time. This should allow you to restore the phone which will give you iOS6. Good Luck!!

okay thanx

I restore my iphone but my iphone screen is blinking. what is solution?

princess0726

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2013
my iphone 4s froze and don't know what to do

., .PLEASE HELP ME GUYS.,..... ,. my iphone froze and even though i pushed the sleep mode and off button, nothing happens, please help.,..... :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.