Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

duckrabbit

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 21, 2012
Hey everyone. I recently bought the black Incipio feather case for my iPad Mini to be used in conjunction with a sleeve, and the case itself seems great except for one thing: The texture, while matte, feels rather grainy/bumpy on both the outside and the inside of the case. It's hard to describe... It feels sort of like it's covered in bits of dust, but of course it isn't. The texture is not visible. Is this how they're supposed to feel? I was expecting it to be totally smooth. If anyone else has this case, does yours feel totally smooth or are there grainy patches? Thanks for any input.

richpuer

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2010
yes all the incipio feathers feel that way. i was quite annoyed at first but wait until you use it for a while. it will slowly and i mean SLOWLY wear down and become smooth. your hands and nails eventually scratch it all off

feels like its covered with dirt or sand. cheap china made stuff is my guess. ive purchased similar cases of the same material and they were smooth from the getgo

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.