Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Caesar_091

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2005
Italy
Most worthless test in all the land.

Totally agree, but hard drive performance seemed poor to me (using both HD and SSD as boot drive on daily tasks) and doing this test I have confirmed my "feelings".

Googleing around there are a lot of post about this but I still haven't found a solution; any idea?

Wardenski

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2012
Mac Pro 3.1 Octo 3 Ghz, 6 GB RAM, Intel 520 250 GB, Sapphire 5870 Toxic 2 GB

CPU: 7.3
RAM: 7.3
GPU: 7.8
Gaming: 7.8
HD: 7.2

This is on Home Premium, I reckon if I had Ultimate I would get 7.8 on CPU.

Dr. Stealth

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2004
SoCal-Surf City USA
Mine....

:D

index-1.png

index-2.png

derbothaus

macrumors 601
Jul 17, 2010
So just how low was your's ? :rolleyes:

Just like everyone else's with a fairly modern mechanical HDD, 5.9. All 7.8, 7.9 except the 5.9. With SSD it is 7.8. It's a stupid test to sell you more crap you don't need. Glad MS stayed away from the need to market to customers based on this score. I can see the expanded sticker system now. :(
Right next to your 'Intel Inside' and AMD 'radforce super power' and your whatever else needs separate marketing.

paulrbeers

macrumors 68040
Dec 17, 2009
Just like everyone else's with a fairly modern mechanical HDD, 5.9. All 7.8, 7.9 except the 5.9. With SSD it is 7.8. It's a stupid test to sell you more crap you don't need. Glad MS stayed away from the need to market to customers based on this score. I can see the expanded sticker system now. :(
Right next to your 'Intel Inside' and AMD 'radforce super power' and your whatever else needs separate marketing.

I've always thought this "benchmark" was the biggest waste of time. It tells you almost nothing. Congrats, you scored a "5.1" which means absolutely nothing. It's completely arbitrary. What is a 5.1 mean? What do Benchmarks in general mean nothing because most are synthetic. At least with most benchmarks, you can get a real feel for differences in processors (ie. geekbench), but frankly I haven't seen modern day processors score less than a 7 in a couple of years (other than maybe an Atom).

elvisizer

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2003
San Jose
hmmm . . . .why are my 5870's scores so low? weird.
everything else looks fine- boot disk is an OCZ revodrive X2 pci-e SSD raid array.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 62

derbothaus

macrumors 601
Jul 17, 2010
Never try to bullsht a bullshter...... Screenshots please....

Why? It is only an 'index'. I can make sht up just like MS:D

I was just assuming my 840 Pro would net 7.6+ As posts on the net were proclaiming the 256GB pro at 7.9. Thus determining my lowest score of 7.8. The test obviously only cares for single threaded as you have twice my processor (and 52GB more memory and 2x+ the GPU) yet scores the same. I don't have Win on my SSD's right now (they are for OS X, my work OS). It isn't rocket science to cobble together the theoretical result if an SSD was involved as the index is so ridiculous as it is.

Dr. Stealth

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2004
SoCal-Surf City USA
Why? It is only an 'index'. I can make sht up just like MS:D

I was just assuming my 840 Pro would net 7.6+ As posts on the net were proclaiming the 256GB pro at 7.9. Thus determining my lowest score of 7.8. The test obviously only cares for single threaded as you have twice my processor (and 52GB more memory and 2x+ the GPU) yet scores the same. I don't have Win on my SSD's right now (they are for OS X, my work OS). It isn't rocket science to cobble together the theoretical result if an SSD was involved as the index is so ridiculous as it is.

Derbothaus.... Go to bed..........

Last edited:

Dr. Stealth

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2004
SoCal-Surf City USA
West Coast. Not yet. That all you got?

(Too bad there is no "grumble, grumble...you're probably right, but still, grumble" emoticon)

SoCal here too.....

----------

West Coast. Not yet. That all you got?

(Too bad there is no "grumble, grumble...you're probably right, but still, grumble" emoticon)

Strange.... I'm beginning to like you......

OrangeSVTguy

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2007
Northeastern Ohio
Miss SoCal lol still think I'm pacific time zone sometimes even though I'm back on the east coast.

Did you install the latest drivers for the 680s? I think I have an older version so that may be why? Been going through quite a few older ones to see if SLI can work. Thought SLI would work on the Mac Pro under windows?

Dr. Stealth

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2004
SoCal-Surf City USA
Miss SoCal lol still think I'm pacific time zone sometimes even though I'm back on the east coast.

Did you install the latest drivers for the 680s? I think I have an older version so that may be why? Been going through quite a few older ones to see if SLI can work. Thought SLI would work on the Mac Pro under windows?

I'm running the latest & greatest...... Still very happy.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.