Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Happybunny

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2010
This is getting to be a saga

Wesley Sneijder has revealed he’s stalling over a move to Galatasaray, leaving the door open for Liverpool to come in with a late bid.
Sunday reports suggest the Reds are mulling over whether they can afford to make an offer to the Dutchman, and Sneijder now admits he won’t be rushed into signing a deal with Galatasaray while other parties are still in the hunt.
‘It is a difficult decision to make,’ he told Sky Sport 24.
‘There are still two weeks until the end of the window and I still have time. See, I’m fine and I’m calm. I do not need to decide on Monday.’
The Turkish giants have agreed an £8.2million deal with Inter Milan for the out-of-favour playmaker, but the 28-year-old is seemingly holding out for a move to a more illustrious league.
Sneijder has been frozen out of the San Siro after refusing to take a pay-cut on his current deal, and now looks like being shipped out at a reduced price.
Inter president Massimo Moratti said: ‘Galatasaray’s offer satisfies us. Now it depends on the player.’
Manchester United were keen on the Holland international after his dazzling displays helped Inter claim the Champions League back in 2010, but baulked at his £220,000-a-week wage demands.
Now Liverpool’s managing director Ian Ayre is reportedly in talks with the Reds owners over whether a deal can be financed, but Sneijder would still likely have to reach a compromise over his salary should the Anfield club make an official approach for his services.

From the Eredivisie one piece of news.
Aleksander Stevanovic has been hired by PEC Zwolle from Werder Bremen, he is midfield player 20yrs old.

american humor tho, you don't get it.

After seeing these clowns, James Yeager and Alex Jones, I not sure if I want to.:p

Last edited:

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
He's ok

Although the blow to his ego from the howler of an own goal may take longer to recover from ;)

who hit him? reda? pish.

if reda is getting blamed for hitting then reda should get the credit for that goal. i thought he touched it in anyway.

ssshhhhh.... and that would shut beastie up too... :p

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
If Liverpool can't afford Clint Dempsey, how can they afford Wesley Sneijder?

Seems like Sahin goes back to Dortmund. I do like that move a lot!

I'm a bit baffled. Brendan Rogers just didn't rate him for some reason. He's obviously a good player, but for some reason the Liverpool loan experiment was a failure.

Wirelessly posted

Manchester United's midfield needs to do some fitness work; the usual 60 minutes cue legs gone.

Liverpool played like a 12th place team. Which we are. :(

Fizzoid

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
UK
Wirelessly posted

Manchester United's midfield needs to do some fitness work; the usual 60 minutes cue legs gone.

Never fear, I hear the tired old legs of Scholes may be replaced by the much younger Frank Lampard, to add a bit of youth to United's midfield ;)

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Saw that Kompany tackle live yesterday and am watching it again. If that is a red card, then there is no such thing as a legal tackle.

Never fear, I hear the tired old legs of Scholes may be replaced by the much younger Frank Lampard, to add a bit of youth to United's midfield ;)

He just needs to keep things going till Man Utd buy Crispy back in 2015.

Our match officials are often criticised for getting things wrong. Here though is one getting things rather right.

'They've paid £62 over there, go and see them.'

Great quote. :D Good on him.

Last edited:

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
At least Sturridge added another outlet, but will he pass?

At this point I just want to see the ball in the back of the net, and he is a goalscorer. United looked flat, but RVP did what he's paid to do, and Ferdinand and Vidic kept Suarez fairly quiet.

I would argue that the Vidic injury is not as big a deal this season since United are outscoring their opponents enough to cover any defensive weaknesses. But if RVP gets hurt...

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Yes, Fizzoid is right. Thanks for reminding me how mediocre Liverpool are these days. :p

You're welcome. ;)

But since I'm a happy longterm Suarez (plus nowadays lil' Stu) Fantasy owner, don't think I can't feel for you, Lord Blackadder!
Besides, I was asking in all earnestness since it's hard enough to keep my ornigram on track. It's impossible to follow your conversations otherwise. Pachyderm roots for some kind of Wednesday, that much I learned.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Besides, I was asking in all earnestness since it's hard enough to keep my ornigram on track. It's impossible to follow your conversations otherwise. Pachyderm roots for some kind of Wednesday, that much I learned.

We need some sort of chart...embarrassingly, I can't keep track either. :eek:

Happybunny

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2010
This is the one season where an injury to RVP would hurt the title prospects of one of my rivals. So I'm sure Robin will be as healthy as an ox. ;)

There are 16,000,000 people praying that you are right, ok 15,999,999 are and Klaas-Jan Huntelaar is crossing his fingers. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.