Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rshroff2

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2012
Chicago, IL
Screen%20Shot%202011-12-20%20at%2019.22.13.png

Been working on this for a day or so, pretty happy with it so far...

Are you the guy that did the android homescreen with the similar layout on mycolorscreen. I have to say this is an awesome layout and tried it on my older android phone but it didn't look as good as this. Nice job!

WeatherWarning

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2012
Weather in the upper left corner, uptime and subway schedules in the lower left corner, Xplanet for the rest.
2013-01-12 at 1212.57.01 AM.jpg

Last edited:

christdob

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2013
My current desktop :

screen.png

Still looking for the 'volume percentage' command ...
Any help ?

Last edited:

christdob

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2013
You might want to add instead...

Here's mine. Just played around with GeekTool for the first time. Thank goodness for the Internet.

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BAg0GQ1CAAAdAx7.png:large

Thx 4 the tip !
What iTunes-geeklet do you use ?

aaroman

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2013
AL
Working man's tool

I'm in IT, so I use GeekTool at work to keep track of the various systems and networks I'm responsible for. I also have to keep track of weather events in case of closings or possible dangerous weather (tornados and such). So my desktop is covered in tools, with lots of geekiness abounding.

Uh, the Adium buddies list on the left isn't part of my desktop, but it is a permanent fixture there across all my desktops.

Quite utilitarian, I think.

GeekTool%20Screen%20Shot%202013-01-16.jpg

Gofre

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2011
Got bored of my previous desktop, so I've made a start on "Metro-fying" it. One live tile down, next I'm going to look into an RSS feed, mail feed from specific senders and a decent geek tool/bowtie theme for iTunes and Spotify.

ScreenShot2013-01-19at172948_zps332b88a3.png

Malacandra

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2012
My Weather, Time, Solar Power Desktop

Here's the left screen from my two monitor setup… I'm using PHP scripting with my Mac running MAMP to composite images, and there's a ton of custom code behind this.

Underneath everything is EarthDesk, and I keep the sub-solar point in the center of my screen so the night-time sections are always to the left and right edges of the display.

I'm using data from Weather Underground using their free API to grab the weather from a station less than a half mile from my home. I fetch the data as an XML file, and use PHP's GD library to generate a 32-bit PNG file that's then displayed on the desktop. The weather icons come from Iconbest.com, and are free for non-commercial uses. I've got a lookup table that determines which of Weather Underground's weather codes correspond to which icons. Weather Underground also provides the age-of-moon info I use to determine which the appropriate moon phase image adjacent to the current time.

At the bottom of the screen are two more images showing the output of the solar panels on my roof. I use Enphase micro-inverters which provide ongoing data for each panel which is accessible through a series of APIs. The layout of the "Solar Panel Status" reflects the position of these panels on the various planes of the roof.

Attachments

• FinderScreenSnapz002b.png
    FinderScreenSnapz002b.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 405

Gofre

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2011
Does anybody have functioning Magic Mouse and Keyboard battery geeklets for Mountain Lion? My old ones all just read as them being disconnected and any new ones I find are derivatives of a battery meter geeklet whereas I just want the percentage, and can't for the life of me figure out how to distill the original geeklet down to remove the meter element.

xxfury2xx

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2009
I was hoping to get some help. I couldn't get my ical events to show up in 10.8 with geektool and icalbuddy, so I downgraded back to 10.6. Unfortunately, I still can't get it to work.

I've installed icalbuddy 1.8.6 and geektool 3. I had a geeklet that I saved from before I upgraded to 10.8. I simply can't get it to show up when it worked perfectly fine before the upgrade. What can I do to try and troubleshoot this?

Here is my geektool script: /usr/local/bin/icalBuddy -sd -nc --timeFormat "%I:%M%p" eventsToday+2

wgstarks

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2013
Central North Carolina USA
need a little help

I'm hoping someone here can help me to get GeekTool working. I've seen lots of Geeklets on the GeekTool website. The instructions for all of them say Double click the geeklet and GeekTool will open it. When I double click the geeklet I get a message wanting to know which app I want to use. If I select GeekTool the GeekTool app gives me a message that it can not open files of that type.

How do I install the geeklets?

GeorgeHotopan

Cancelled
Mar 2, 2013
Disable pref panel when Geektool autostarts

Hello:

Does anybody know how to disable the pref window/shells in edit mode, when Geektoll autostarts? I have Mac OS Lion.

The thread is here: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1550991/.

I appologise for writing it here, but I have not received an answer yet on the main page, where the thread is located.

Thanks.

gaboshenia

macrumors member
Dec 23, 2007
Bucharest, Romania
Here's mine :)
It's still a work in progress, 'cause i'm trying to get gmail to show unread items with the ios mail icon and badges just like on ios...

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    2 MB · Views: 237
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.