Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Paratel

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 26, 2005
Somewhere in the US
Please help!! I do video depositions which requires me to place the date and time on my video when the video was shot. Currently I have to ingest my video into a Windows computer and run it through a timestamping program called VTS DV timestamp http://dts8888.com/ This program is awesome other than the fact I have to use Windows. I would like to use nothing by my mac but alas, I have not been able to find a program that works. FCP timecode generator does not work like I want it to. (see link above). If there is a developer out there, you could make some serious $$$$ if you created one. Please help!!

Devise

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2009
KEEP THIS THREAD GOING! Yes, I would also like to know as well. This program I too cannot locate, there is only programs for window based computers and none for Mac based computers, WTF…. Someone please come up with this software, this has been unavailable for the past year, for real you could make some serious dosh! I want that time and date stamp on my VIDEO!

amsquires83

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2011
UK
2 and a half years on, has this problem not been solved yet??

Aperture 3 does not let you adjust time stamps on video files - my camcorder has been set to the wrong time for the past year...!

Paratel

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 26, 2005
Somewhere in the US
Still not solved for the Mac. I'm still having to use my stupid windows laptop in order to time stamp. Come on you Mac programmers!!

Wdw1532

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2013
Paratel, have you found a solution? I also was a windows user (investigations) and now Mac. I used dvmp pro, super dvdate, dts but none of those are Mac friendly and although I'm using VMware and windows on my Mac it is not the best way to go. I need a mac native software. Have you found anything like it, please let me know.

sadsol

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2016
2 and a half years on, has this problem not been solved yet??

Aperture 3 does not let you adjust time stamps on video files - my camcorder has been set to the wrong time for the past year...!

Alas, it's now almost 2017. Any programs that add time stamp for mac users now?

ionlyusemacsatwork

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2018
Hello People of the past. I have a solution to this issue. Premiere pro has the timecode effect.

Change the timecode source to generate.
Set the starting timecode to the time in the metadata

Boom, instant timestamp for the first 24 hours.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.