Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PapaVBnMOMO

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 11, 2012
Michigan
I'm trying to sell mine, as its only sitting in my room all the time after I got a MBPr. is 1250 a reasonable price for it, or should I lower it? It's currently unavailable at apple refurb store. I was gonna see what they were selling it for and lower by 100-150. Please advise, thanks!

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), or Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what a reasonable price may be. Then adjust the price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.

jvette

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2007
Best way to find out is post it on Craigslist in your area and see if you get any takers. I always sell my stuff on there and only do cash with local pick up. If you have it on there a couple of days and don't get any takers you can lower the price.

53x12

macrumors 68000
Feb 16, 2009
OP, it will depend on a few things; condition, if you have AppleCare, how fast you want to sell it. If you want to sell fast, put price lower. Want more money, you might need to be patient and wait. Another thing that might be good is to spend the $75-85 to get 16GB of RAM to put in it before the sale. I guess you could spend the $130-150 and just go all the way to 32GB, but not sure you will make that money back. You should be able to with 16GB.

Just looking quickly on eBay with the completed listings, you computer looks to go for $1100-1300. The ones with 16GB tend to go for $1400-1500. So you can adjust your price accordingly. CL might be another option as you wont have to ship or pay the eBay/Paypal fees.

As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), or Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what a reasonable price may be. Then adjust the price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.

You know a personalized response would be helpful as well. Feel like this whole place is automated.

BlueEagle

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2012
Newton NJ
To give you an idea of price. I payed $1350 for my refurbed 27" from the Apple refurbed store back in November. Dont know what your specs are but mine are in my sig if you would like to compare.

PapaVBnMOMO

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 11, 2012
Michigan

Thanks for the info, mine was quoted for 1350 on mac2sell, so it looks promising. I just put it on CL for 1250, with my bottom price be 1200. Thanks for all the input. I already got 1 response. Hopefully it sells soon before it depreciates further.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
You know a personalized response would be helpful as well. Feel like this whole place is automated.
There's only so many ways to answer the same question. It makes no sense to re-compose an individual response for every instance of a repetitive question. You're welcome to post your way, and I'll continue to post my way.
Thanks for the info,
You're welcome!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.