Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jetson

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2003
Thank God that Steve Jobs came back and resuscitated Apple back to life.
Jobs returned to Apple as an advisor, and took control of the company as an interim CEO. Jobs brought Apple from near bankruptcy to profitability by 1998. Zee Kane, "Steve Jobs: Apple Was 90 Days From Going Bankrupt".
Without Mr. Jobs we wouldn't be enjoying the FANTASTIC Apple products we have today.

I just hope that there are visionary people left at Apple who have great ideas and drive as Steve Jobs did. That's what Apple needs and what we as Apple customers want.

No one can replace Steve Jobs, but life for us goes on...

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
I hope Apple doesn't ignore the Mac business. The iOS products can repeat what happened with the iPod but the Mac business seems to just get better. It really is the best product from Apple that the masses don't seem to understand.

If the iOS business goes under, I can garantee Apple is going to have a really hard time. Right now, iOS represents 70% of Apple's revenues. If that were going away, Apple would lose 70% of its revenues in one go, meaning pretty much their death or close to in the investment market.

You think that wouldn't impact the Mac business ?

The iOS products right now cannot repeat the what the iPod line did. In fact, the iPod line never was 70% of Apple's revenues.

rei101

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2011
Apple will change because it has a different head.

It will not be about innovation anymore, it will become more an "appliances" company for the general public. Like Sony.

It may do well because of the technological background but it will not be the same company we knew.

BornAgainMac

macrumors 604
Feb 4, 2004
Florida Resident
If the iOS business goes under, I can garantee Apple is going to have a really hard time. Right now, iOS represents 70% of Apple's revenues. If that were going away, Apple would lose 70% of its revenues in one go, meaning pretty much their death or close to in the investment market.

You think that wouldn't impact the Mac business ?

The iOS products right now cannot repeat the what the iPod line did. In fact, the iPod line never was 70% of Apple's revenues.

That explains the stock price going down. The Mac business would need to be much larger to make up for a huge loss of iOS revenue. The chances of that is almost zero. Hopefully, then Apple could still keep iOS products popular or at least have a new product line to replace it if it fails.

Perhaps not hardware but software and services in the new iOS devices will keep them fresh and exciting so Investors are happy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.