Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

costabunny

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 15, 2008
Weymouth, UK
So as some of you know I am under the knife next week and will likely be unable to go back to work for many months.

My plan was to get a s/h macbook to drag around the house while I am recovering (sitting at my desk will be a problem for sometime), but alas bills and so forth put paid to that plan. (new heater matrix on the volvo did the most damage).

Soooo I know this is really cheeky but is there a MacRumours member who perhaps has an old apple laptop that at least works and would loan it to someone whom they have never met for maybe up to four months?

It doesn't have to even be intel as long as I can run mail, safari, textmate and terminal I can do all the things I want to do while off work to keep my sanity. (mostly bits n bobs of web design and documentation).

I am in Weymouth, UK if that helps at all? (we are all very nice people here and do not eat/abuse or otherwise mistreat wisened macbooks/ibook G4's or macbook pro's) :)

Thanks guys n gals

Rachel

Last edited by a moderator:

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
I'll bump this to see if anyone is kind enough in case it wasn't seen by those who might be inclined to help. I don't have an extra unfortunately, besides not living in England or Europe for that matter.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Thanks aggie.

I'm looking into it. Can't promise anything but I'm looking.

I have lung problems myself having been diagnosed with mesothelioma a few years ago. Thank God it was benign. Now I have Asbestosis.

Hope something comes of this.

[edit] Doesn't she still have an iPad Mini ? [/edit]

Last edited:

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
Thanks aggie.

I'm looking into it. Can't promise anything but I'm looking.

I have lung problems myself having been diagnosed with mesothelioma a few years ago. Thank God it was benign. Now I have Asbestosis.

Hope something comes of this.

Me too. Interstitial lung disease, which I was diagnosed with about 3 years ago. I was a lot worse a year or so, so medication has helped, but I'm still short of breath, just not as bad. However, my troubles are nothing as bad as you or Costabunny.

Hope you can help and thanks.

Edit: Just saw your edit.....IDK. Maybe she'll post back.

costabunny

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 15, 2008
Weymouth, UK
hi peeps ( thx aggs for playing 'me')

been out of it today - buckets of ouch and oramorph.

yes mr peace i do got me little ipad and she is aweome for reading, movies, emails and browsing; but she is crap for webdesign messing, ssh-ing into key protected servers with multiple sessions and photoshop type work (all things i shuffle at on e when working on websites like my little bro's http://www.thediningroomweymouth.co.uk )

one thing i realy want to do while re overi g is get better at css layouts and html5 stuff. got a couple friends wa t simple sites mKing and gonna redo the underlying code on some of brothers

figured a 1ghz or better G4 i oom or powerbook can cope with that stuff. that wY i can choose wheee in house to be, rather fhan being stuck at desk where may not be comfy for long ;(

ok rabbited enough (and while technically ****ted too ;)) chseeds girlss and boys

rachel in Weymouth indeed

costabunny

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 15, 2008
Weymouth, UK
ahy thanks peace:)

told the pain willget better(time as always)

at least i go to sleep k owing one more day being free of cancer - pretty much makes me priceless

i tink i have machine - ill post up when it arrives (and if the posties play nice with it)

fonna go noe meds makin the unicorns mad

costabunny

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 15, 2008
Weymouth, UK
Whoooooop

A package arrived today from the USA - it contains a rev A MacBook Air just for me :) am soo happy.

So the bunny now has a laptop to use and its one that doesn't weigh a ton either :)

Some folks are just awesome

- happy recovering bunny x

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.