Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Parise

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2012
Orlando, FL
never seen a forum with more rude, uncalled-for responses

leave it to the apple community :eek:

+1.

Secondly, is that what the JB community is holding out for? I seem to see different responses and opinions about it almost hourly. Its becoming too confusing to follow.

JetBlack7

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2011
Portugal
What would you expect when the thread starter posted a question such as this.
This forum is to try and help people with jailbreak/modification issues.

Threads like this just clog up the forum since no one can answer this with anything but a silly guess.

Those of us who have been here awhile realize how much a waste of space this thread is.

+1

Exactly this. Members who have been here for some time know what kind of threads have/are created of this kind. It's a waste of space since no one can know for sure until it is released. Some even, may use the famous quote: "Don't feed the troll".

Parise

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2012
Orlando, FL
+1

Exactly this. Members who have been here for some time know what kind of threads have/are created of this kind. It's a waste of space since no one can know for sure until it is released. Some even, may use the famous quote: "Don't feed the troll".

Yeah, but this is an iOS 6 forum. Not a JB forum.

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
Why would they release the iPhone 5s with a 6.x.x version of iOS?

Because the 5S will not be out in March! Those are stupid rumors. iOS 7 will not be through beta testing and ready to go public in just 6 weeks from now to meet a march release. I find it hard you can even fathom this given that iOS 7 is going to have a lot riding on it after the iOS 6 problems. WWDC will be all about software as usual. The beta testing process takes several months for a new OS. Remember WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR THE FORTHCOMING 6.1 UPDATE!

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
Because the 5S will not be out in March! Those are stupid rumors. iOS 7 will not be through beta testing and ready to go public in just 6 weeks from now to meet a march release. I find it hard you can even fathom this given that iOS 7 is going to have a lot riding on it after the iOS 6 problems. WWDC will be all about software as usual. The beta testing process takes several months for a new OS. Remember WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR THE FORTHCOMING 6.1 UPDATE!

Yeah, that's not what I said at all. Please go back and read my original post. I was suggesting:

Feb/March = iOS 6.1 released alongside updated iPads, iOS 7 demo
Summer = iOS 7 release alongside iPhone 5s

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
6.1 is taking forever to come out. I wonder if it will be released before iOS 7 beta 1? Maybe Apple is ending .x releases.

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
Yeah, that's not what I said at all. Please go back and read my original post. I was suggesting:

Feb/March = iOS 6.1 released alongside updated iPads, iOS 7 demo
Summer = iOS 7 release alongside iPhone 5s

I did read your post. And I'm saying with complete certainty that a X.1 update would NEVER spend a total of 4 months in beta (first seeded 6.1 beta was november 1). iOS 7 WOULD however spend that much time in beta. Also why would Apple take away from one of their stars of the show for WWDC by show iOS 7 just 5 months after the release of iOS 6? The logic just doesn't hold up plain and simple.

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
I did read your post. And I'm saying with complete certainty that a X.1 update would NEVER spend a total of 4 months in beta (first seeded 6.1 beta was november 1). iOS 7 WOULD however spend that much time in beta. Also why would Apple take away from one of their stars of the show for WWDC by show iOS 7 just 5 months after the release of iOS 6? The logic just doesn't hold up plain and simple.

Kind of like how Apple would never release an updated 4th generation iPad only 7 months after the 3rd generation?

Or that OS X Mountain Lion wouldn't be announced via the media without a keynote only 7 months after Lion was released?

While I agree that the past can be a good indicator of how they might operate this time around, it in no way is a guarantee. It is clear that there is significant pressure for Apple to release a mobile OS that moves ahead in meaningful ways as competitors catch up and surpass them in this area.

When backed into to a corner, it isn't surprising to see entities operate outside of "normal".

We'll see.

white4s

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
Uh, you must not read many forums.

i use to but i've stopped cause of so many losers taking the internet so serious lol like get your d*cks off the keyboard and go explore that thing called life :D

Threads like this just clog up the forum since no one can answer this with anything but a silly guess.

Those of us who have been here awhile realize how much a waste of space this thread is.

this is the ios6 forum not the jailbreak/modification forum. in case you dont know ios6 is an operating system so this forum is for anything ios6 related not just jailbreak/modification related since jailbreaking isnt an ios6 thing

TaEbOm

macrumors member
May 30, 2009
It will probably have to be released before Jan. 28 because that's when beta 4 expires.

Vundu

macrumors 68000
Jun 10, 2009
Manchester, UK

Who are you to say what this forum is for? This section has nothing to do with jailbreaks. No one forces you to click on a topic :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

mdlee2009

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2012
Indiana
Really?

does it really matter? it contains almost zero changes, so its release wont enhance my phone in any way, thus I think most people couldnt care less about when it gets released.

iOS 6.1 is expected to have a couple of new features including a different looking music control on the lock screen, a more prominent place to report bugs in Apple Maps, and a new feature in Siri that allows users to purchase movie tickets using the virtual assistant and Fandango.

caesarp

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2012
iOS 6.1 is expected to have a couple of new features including a different looking music control on the lock screen, a more prominent place to report bugs in Apple Maps, and a new feature in Siri that allows users to purchase movie tickets using the virtual assistant and Fandango.

Don't forget push email in a corporate microsoft exchange environment that ACTUALLY works when using an iPhone 5 (yes I know it works on your 4S and other non 5 models).

This is a huge deal for people who use an iphone 5 with work email. The fix is supposedly in with 6.1. This is a major problem that has been around since the day iphone 5 was released. The fact it took this long to fix is alarming.

Here is an article referring to the problem (although some details in the article are not correct):

http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/01/early-ios-6-adopters-report-problems-getting-exchange-push-email/

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
I find it odd they are waiting so long to release the GM since beta 4 expires on the 28th. So it will be a mad dash to update RIGHT AWAY for devs using beta 4 unless they release it early next week.

TL24

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2011
i use to but i've stopped cause of so many losers taking the internet so serious lol like get your d*cks off the keyboard and go explore that thing called life :d

this is the ios6 forum not the jailbreak/modification forum. In case you dont know ios6 is an operating system so this forum is for anything ios6 related not just jailbreak/modification related since jailbreaking isnt an ios6 thing

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358570053.428644.jpg

JReinn

macrumors member
May 22, 2010
Denmark
does it really matter? it contains almost zero changes, so its release wont enhance my phone in any way, thus I think most people couldnt care less about when it gets released.

For us in Europe this update is major. Why? Because of the ability to use LTE. Right now we can't take advantage of the 4G LTE networks, that our carriers have. I've been waiting for 6.1 since November. It's mid-january now - and still no update. So yes, I, and other europeans, do care a lot for when this will be released. Hopefully soon :)

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
In 5 days IOS 6.1 Beta 4 will expire. Apple could release Gold master of 5th beta at any time next week.

jrodsep

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
Beta 5 last week of January. GM on the last week of February if there's no iPad event or the day of the keynote. With a full release of 6.1 on the 3rd week of March.

That's my guess.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.