Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PatrickW98

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 26, 2012
Subrubs of Chicago, IL
Hopefully iOS 7 will have more social media integration other than facebook and twitter.

I'm hoping to see tumblr, instagram, and kik integration.

What do you guys want to see?

irDigital0l

Dec 7, 2010
I want to see...

actually features being implemented into iOS.

iOS 6 was pathetic.

Fell asleep when Forstall talked about Facebook integration for 5 minutes.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Hopefully iOS 7 will have more social media integration other than facebook and twitter.

Gross. No thanks.

Instagram will be more rooted through Facebook in 2013 as they acquired them, and I really don't know if we need to start integrating EVERY social media network out there ...

The solution is if a user downloads a specific app, the app should be able to share content within iOS like some apps can do already. Kind of how one can open a photo from the photo app in Dropbox if they have that app installed.

Whatsapp>Kik and there are too many third party texting apps out there to integrate them all. Plus it would kill their app user base. Apples solution is already implemented: iMessage

A Hebrew

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2012
Minnesota
Personally,

I hope they remove social media integration from both iOS and OS X. They should just be normal apps you can get from the App Store. No built in stuff that just takes up more memory. (I also hope they add the ability to delete built in apps like Maps and Reminders...but that will never happen <_<)

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Personally,

I hope they remove social media integration from both iOS and OS X. They should just be normal apps you can get from the App Store. No built in stuff that just takes up more memory. (I also hope they add the ability to delete built in apps like Maps and Reminders...but that will never happen <_<)

The option of being able to select wether you want social media intergration when you set up the phone, and being able to toggle it on or off in the settings would be great :)

Parise

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2012
Orlando, FL

Cross Application sharing. Like what Android has. But it won't happen.

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012
The Digital Frontier
The option of being able to select wether you want social media intergration when you set up the phone, and being able to toggle it on or off in the settings would be great :)

I think you can do that right now, whether or not Twitter or Facebook have access to an app. You can also disable the sharing center.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Cross Application sharing. Like what Android has. But it won't happen.

iOS has this. You can open files through various apps on iOS now, such as photos or PDF, as long as the app you want to open the file in supports that format.

We don't need mobile OS modification for this to happen.

Parise

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2012
Orlando, FL
iOS has this. You can open files through various apps on iOS now, such as photos or PDF, as long as the app you want to open the file in supports that format.

We don't need mobile OS modification for this to happen.

iOS barely has this, and not even a fraction to the extent of how its implemented in other OS's.

Scroll down to the middle, he explains it perfectly:

Gizmodo

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
I want to see...

actually features being implemented into iOS.

iOS 6 was pathetic.

Fell asleep when Forstall talked about Facebook integration for 5 minutes.

Haha...For me, it was the tentpole of "Phone" Advancements. The fact that they made it a main feature baffles me. Current trend is that people are communicating less and less by voice and more by text/email; why Apple didn't add more useful features in messaging is beyond me!

Zcott

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2009
Belfast, Ireland
Twitter is the only big social media outlet that doesn't have eyes on Apple, and as a result will definitely be in. Facebook are rumoured to be making a Facebook phone, so I'm sure Apple added them to their social side just because so many people were asking for it. Instagram won't be included, Kik won't be included, Vimeo won't be included.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.