Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Raggsokk

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
So I'm sorry to bring this up again, as I'm sure it has been brought up before.

Anywho, how bad is the wireless receiver supposed to be? I'm in the process of changing my internet provider, thus having to leech internet (and more importantly adult web sites) from the neighbors.

I find 10 networks ranging from low to max signal on my macbook. On my iPhone I find 2. One of those is my own which isn't working, while the other is encrypted.

Is the difference supposed to be this drastic? It's really annoying.

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Please kindly explain to me how do you befriend a non-organic piece of technology to begin with.

darster

Suspended
Aug 25, 2011
So I'm sorry to bring this up again, as I'm sure it has been brought up before.

Anywho, how bad is the wireless receiver supposed to be? I'm in the process of changing my internet provider, thus having to leech internet (and more importantly adult web sites) from the neighbors.

I find 10 networks ranging from low to max signal on my macbook. On my iPhone I find 2. One of those is my own which isn't working, while the other is encrypted.

Do your neighbors know you are "leeching"

Raggsokk

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
Please kindly explain to me how do you befriend a non-organic piece of technology to begin with.

Oh, I befriend lots of things. My TV, my computer.. My playstation is certainly my friend. And oatmeal.

numberforty1

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2012
Canada
hey, i think i saw you on the television show 'my strange addiction'!

you're the guy that was in love with his car and had a sexual relationship with it, right?

Megalobyte

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2007
Florida
In my experience, the 5's wifi is weaker than the 4s. It's actually a step backwards IMO. But overall it's ok, I still prefer the 5 to the 4s, and I'm hopeful they'll have it fixed by the 5s.

Raggsokk

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
hey, i think i saw you on the television show 'my strange addiction'!

you're the guy that was in love with his car and had a sexual relationship with it, right?

Dude, don't even bring her up.. I got myself a boat now though, much happier. She takes my places I've never been before.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012

Yeah it is - a little cellphone isn't going to get the same signal reception a fully powered laptop is going to get. You'd think in this day and age it would be more equal right? But it isn't. My laptop can get 10-20 wifi signals at my house. My iPhone 5 can only see about 3. One's plugged into the wall and has a huge 70+watt hour battery and the other has a small (4000mah?) battery.

That said, my 10 year old laptop can only see one. lol.

I wouldn't be too hard on it. At work, I can get almost 50mbps down on WiFi if I do it right (before it loses internet thanks to software issues).

Edit: Glad you can take criticism. Amazing the amount of negative sarcasm you got with your post, lol.

ForceMan

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2012
My wifi atenna is awful too. If I'm not in the same room as the router it won't even connect. I've taken it to Apple but of course they have super wifi there and so they say since they can't replicate it they can't replace/fix it. Sigh.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
My neighbors couldn't spell "leeching" without looking at the keyboard while doing so. If you catch my drift.

I find it sad that you are more than willing to hop onto your neighbors' internet connections while you clearly speak of them with contempt. It would seem that not getting good signals is your instant Karma. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.