Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

forty2j

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
NJ
Fascinating, so much for the All Roads Lead to Memphis theory. Mine took all of half an hour to clear customs in Anchorage, then hopped a direct flight to Newark and landed at 6am. It's already made its way to my local facility and gotten on a truck.. So hopefully there's a slightly soggy box waiting for me when I get home :)

Will be interesting to see how FedEx handles the "signature required". In my neighborhood UPS treats it as "signature suggested" and prefers to leave it anyway.

Dan415

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2012
San Francisco, CA
Yesterday it was Shanghai to Narita JP...now it is Narita JP to Incheon KR. WTH?!? It's going to Nebraska!

Yeah it sounds like ours are on the same shipment. I really don't understand what's going on... Everyones been talking about the two FedEx flights (28 and 90) but I haven't seen anyone else with our route! China -> Japan -> Korea??? Mine is going to CA! I just hope I get it tomorrow as promised :/ really getting nervous though.

Shipment Travel History
Jan 16, 2013 10:36 PM
In transit
Jan 16, 2013 9:39 AM
In transit
Jan 16, 2013 2:07 AM
In transit
Jan 16, 2013 2:05 AM
International shipment release - Import

UPDATE: ugh delivery date just got pushed back to the 18th. I even PAID for 2-3 day shipping and it's going to take 5 days??? WTF!! :(

SECOND UPDATE: I just called Apple and had them refund the cost of the expedited delivery. She said the course of my flight may have been changed due to weather... She said she rarely sees them take this route before heading to the US. I guess I just got lucky...

Last edited:

Slick1phone

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2013
Change

Is it just me or FedEx didn't update there tracking

Shipment Dates
Ship date: Jan 14, 2013
Estimated delivery: Jan 18, 2013 by 4:30 PM
Destination
Ridgewood, NY
Shipment Facts
Service type
International Economy Distribution - Indirect Signature Required
Weight
14.6 kg/32.2 lbs
Shipment Travel History
Jan 15, 2013 10:00 PM
At local FedEx facility
Jan 14, 2013 5:29 AM
Shipment information sent to FedEx
Jan 14, 2013 6:54 PM
Left FedEx origin facility
Jan 14, 2013 6:53 PM
Picked up
Details
Package received after FedEx cutoff

Just updated. In transit.so I guess it's leaving china today and it should b in the states tonight with a delivery of maybe tomorrow

Last edited:

has.marvel

macrumors member
Jan 13, 2012
Well I stopped by the local Apple store yesterday and they said they had only seen one 27 for sale at their store and sold it right away. So much for picking one up there. Still waiting for my Dec 22 order to move from processing. I know one thing for sure if I ever end up in this situation again, I will not trust Apple to play by order date and will game the system and just put in a new order every day. Then when one ships, I will just cancel the rest. It may screw with their system but they are screwing with me so I guess we would be even. When you see people getting your configuration already and they ordered two weeks after you, it leaves a very bad taste. I know over the life of the system, it is no big deat but still... Not a good way to start with my first Apple after 30 years in the Windows world.

dearlaserworks

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2012
Eastern Shore, USA
Fascinating, so much for the All Roads Lead to Memphis theory. Mine took all of half an hour to clear customs in Anchorage, then hopped a direct flight to Newark and landed at 6am.

They must be watching this thread and messing with everyone. Yours takes a shortcut while others are on a tour of the Orient.

Will be interesting to see how FedEx handles the "signature required". In my neighborhood UPS treats it as "signature suggested" and prefers to leave it anyway.

Best go online and see their "signature release" if you want to be sure they leave it. I believe there's a button or link from the tracking history page. UPS play way loose here as well, but every Apple package I've received via FedEx, they've made us sign for. Or do you have a neighbor that can sign?

forty2j

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
NJ
They must be watching this thread and messing with everyone. Yours takes a shortcut while others are on a tour of the Orient.

Yeah I know. I'm half expecting those poor souls to stop in Sidney, Tahiti, and Honolulu before it's done.

Best go online and see their "signature release" if you want to be sure they leave it. I believe there's a button or link from the tracking history page. UPS play way loose here as well, but every Apple package I've received via FedEx, they've made us sign for. Or do you have a neighbor that can sign?

Neighbor might be home. Not sure. The signature release involves printing a form, signing it, and taping it to my door. Not happening today. With the weather I'd almost prefer to have them drop it tomorrow anyway. I'll pre-sign tonight if they don't leave it.

----------

And... Delivery exception, customer not available.

Confuzzzed

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Liverpool, UK
Neighbor might be home. Not sure. The signature release involves printing a form, signing it, and taping it to my door. Not happening today. With the weather I'd almost prefer to have them drop it tomorrow anyway. I'll pre-sign tonight if they don't leave it.

Oh the irony of it all! After all these months, we're having our machines delivered on the same day! Well, at least mine is slated for today but nearly 3.30pm in UK and no sign of them. In fact for most UK people on UPS, the train goes cold somewhere in Cologne, Germany for a few days and then out they pop at the delivery address on the day of intended delivery. One and a half hour to go for me before our building stops taking deliveries...

Good luck with yours

Jacob123

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2013
iMac delivery. Now i'm sorta annoyed...

I ordered my iMac on the 31st of December.
I got the following specs:
2.9GHz quad-core Intel Core i5
Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz
8GB (two 4GB) memory
1TB hard drive1
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M with 512MB

I live in Australia Sydney. Don't know how long this is going to take. Have called apple daily for the past two weeks. All supervisors and managers have told me that I need to wait, But I have been guaranteed a iMac before the end of this month.

I am probably coming across as the most impatient person here. I have seen others saying they have waited 38 days?!?!?!, I couldn't wait that long, I would probably cancel. now I am considering cancelling due to the amount of time I have to wait. but there is NO IMACS anywhere?!?! not even in any Australia :apple: stores?

It is most likely going to turn to 'Preparing for shipment' by the end of this week.......reminding myself it takes at-least 5 days to arrive to Australia from shanghai.

macpro2000

macrumors 65816
Feb 23, 2005
To all the others whos iMacs are nearing Incheon South Korea, can anybody figure out the flight on that one? I can't find anything with FedEx flying that route. BTW, mine changed to Friday now as well.

seangallagher

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2013
hi all - first time posting, to give my details for my order:
Ordered on December 26, 2012
Shipped on January 15, 2013
Waiting in New York

2.9GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X8GB
1TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX660M 512M GDDR5

really excited for my iMac to arrive and was hoping someone could help give me some details ... I know how to track the plane but how do I know when it's actually on a plane? Currently it just says 'In Transit' ... is there a specific term to look for to know it's finally on a plane to the states? Thanks in advance ...

1/16/2013 - Wednesday
10:44 pm In transit NARITA-SHI JP
2:33 pm In transit SHANGHAI CN
2:33 pm International shipment release - Import SHANGHAI CN

1/15/2013 - Tuesday
2:59 pm Left FedEx origin facility SHANGHAI CN
11:43 am Picked up SHANGHAI CN

1/14/2013 - Monday
10:03 pm Shipment information sent to FedEx

Last edited:

lilface

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I am probably coming across as the most impatient person here. I have seen others saying they have waited 38 days?!?!?!, I couldn't wait that long, I would probably cancel.

I'm feeling just as impatient!! I ordered december 29th, and started this week on a positive note thinking this week will be the week!

Now it's wednesday and my positive thoughts have slowly depleted as I constantly check my order status because it's nearly impossible to even begin concetrating on any work what so ever, considering I'm a graphic designer stuck on a 5 year old pc from college. -.-

Needless to say my frustration and impatience is fueled by the enormous PROCESSING LOLZ SHIPS JANUARY LOLOL... that just laughs in my face every time I check.

I'm feeling so sad and annoyed. Maybe one day my new iMac will come. :(

Slick1phone

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2013
Is it possible that this can b a early delivery. For tomorrow instead of Friday. How do I know if it's on the plane

Jan 16, 2013 10:33 PM
In transit
Jan 16, 2013 10:27 PM
International shipment release - Import
Jan 15, 2013 10:00 PM
At local FedEx facility
Jan 14, 2013 5:29 AM
Shipment information sent to FedEx
Jan 14, 2013 6:54 PM
Left FedEx origin facility
Jan 14, 2013 6:53 PM
Picked up
Details
Package received after FedEx cutoff

db321

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2010
Dec 22 dead zone

Ordered base 27" with 1 TB fusion drive on Dec 22. I've been looking back at posts on this thread, and it seems there are a lot of people who ordered on Dec 22 and are still showing processing; this in spite of orders from later in Dec and even early Jan shipping. Has anyone had a Dec 22 order ship yet?

dearlaserworks

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2012
Eastern Shore, USA

So you're not obsessive enough to have them hold it at the local FedEx office where you could pick it up after work today? And say... if the iMac is paid for and in town, why is the day job so important? ;)

laryenhilllvr

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2012
NYC
I'm feeling just as impatient!! I ordered december 29th, and started this week on a positive note thinking this week will be the week!

Now it's wednesday and my positive thoughts have slowly depleted as I constantly check my order status because it's nearly impossible to even begin concetrating on any work what so ever, considering I'm a graphic designer stuck on a 5 year old pc from college. -.-

Needless to say my frustration and impatience is fueled by the enormous PROCESSING LOLZ SHIPS JANUARY LOLOL... that just laughs in my face every time I check.

I'm feeling so sad and annoyed. Maybe one day my new iMac will come. :(

i feel the same way! i'm at least just waiting for the cancel button to disappear and i swear it's the first thing to pop up on the page, just taunting me.

forty2j

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
NJ
So you're not obsessive enough to have them hold it at the local FedEx office where you could pick it up after work today? And say... if the iMac is paid for and in town, why is the day job so important? ;)

Lol. Work is 70-90 minutes from home, and the FedEx office is another 30 minutes in the wrong direction. I think I can wait to do the unboxing and data transfer and stuff till tomorrow.

Dan415

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2012
San Francisco, CA
To all the others whos iMacs are nearing Incheon South Korea, can anybody figure out the flight on that one? I can't find anything with FedEx flying that route. BTW, mine changed to Friday now as well.

No idea... I've been pouring over all the info on FlightAware, but nothing seems to match up! All I know is it looks like our iMacs are no longer on FedEx planes... :( :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.