Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kronosqq

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2012
Hey, I've been out of the loop for a while on rumors and speculation for the refresh of the 15'' Retina MBP this year. Are we still expecting to see those with Haswell and whatnot around June? Thanks!

Nov 28, 2010
located
Apple will most likely release or update their 13" and 15" MacBook Pros with Retina Display this year with mobile Haswell chips, though there is no timeline when this might happen. Summer 2013 seems to be a good date though, thus June could be likely.

kronosqq

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2012
Alright, yeah that's what I was still assuming. I held off on buying one last summer since I could still get along alright with my current laptop (going on 5 years old), so as long as it's still likely they release it before I head off to college in the Fall, I'm happy. Thanks!

isephmusic

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2012
I wanted to get the first gen retina but two grand was way too much for me. So I got the 15inch classic late 2012 . What's the resell value of the base model of it I want to upgrade to second gen retina when it comes out

kronosqq

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2012
I wanted to get the first gen retina but two grand was way too much for me. So I got the 15inch classic late 2012 . What's the resell value of the base model of it I want to upgrade to second gen retina when it comes out

Took a quick spin through completed listings on eBay, you should be able to get at least $1650 or so for it if it's in good condition.

Mr. Retrofire

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2010
www.emiliana.cl/en
Hey, I've been out of the loop for a while on rumors and speculation for the refresh of the 15'' Retina MBP this year. Are we still expecting to see those with Haswell and whatnot around June? Thanks!
No, only improved Ivy Bridge (the 2nd Ivy Bridge wave) and 802.11ac (for iDevice sync/backups). And probably cooler (more efficient) Thunderbolt chips (not over 2x10 GBit/s).

----------

Apple will most likely release or update their 13" and 15" MacBook Pros with Retina Display this year with mobile Haswell chips, though there is no timeline when this might happen. Summer 2013 seems to be a good date though, thus June could be likely.
The Desktop versions in this summer, yes. Not the mobile versions.

bill-p

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2011

As mentioned, it's desktop Haswell that gets released in Summer. There's no ETA for mobile Haswell yet.

Then there's the fact that there is no GPU released in the same time frame that provides a significant upgrade for the GeForce GT 650M.

It's looking more likely that there'll be a specs bump by February to higher-clocked Ivy Bridge processors, and then the whole MacBook line will get refreshed by October.

gbredneck

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2010
Fingers crossed for February, i've been jumping around from MBP's to airs and still havent found the right machine, the Rmbp looks like it will fill my criteria, and i finish my MBA lease in feb!

Nandifix

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2012
Isn't it just the low power mobile chips that will release in late 2013. The CPUs that the RMBP use should release with the desktop chips around may.

gbredneck

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2010
Just pulled the trigger, too impatient to wait for a cpu bump (lets hope thats all it is!)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.