Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jmicha3l

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2013
When you plug in the lightning cable into to the charging port, is it securely tight? Or can you somewhat wiggle it left to right? Mine can wiggle left to right just a little bit without losing a charge. I'm just wondering if this is normal or not. Just got the ip5 2 days ago. Thanks

chumawumba

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2012
Ask the NSA
I have an iPad mini and an iPhone 5, and it feels really snug to me. I know you probably already checked this, but is the connector bent or broken at all?

esternberg387

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2010
Out of nowhere, mine became loose like that last week. Went to the genius bar, and they replaced it right away.

Jmicha3l

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2013
I have an iPad mini and an iPhone 5, and it feels really snug to me. I know you probably already checked this, but is the connector bent or broken at all?

connector isnt bent or loose at all. it feels snug, but very very little movement from left to right. most people i know with IP5 have the same thing so i guess its normal.

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
connector isnt bent or loose at all. it feels snug, but very very little movement from left to right. most people i know with IP5 have the same thing so i guess its normal.

What you need is a real problem. You would forget about this connector (they all have a tiny amount of movement) and move on to something that matters.

Enjoy your phone until you have a problem that affects it operation! It's under warranty. You are covered for a year. Relax..... :cool:

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Hey all,

In the past few weeks, my lightning port has begun to feel loose. That is, when the cable is plugged in, light pulling of the cable allows it to wiggle in the lightning port, mostly up and down, not side to side.

My warranty is up in a couple weeks, was wondering if it would be worth it to take it in to have it checked out? And no, I don't just yank my cable out. I very securely grab near the end and gently pull it out.

Lucille Carter

Suspended
Jul 3, 2013
Hey all,

In the past few weeks, my lightning port has begun to feel loose. That is, when the cable is plugged in, light pulling of the cable allows it to wiggle in the lightning port, mostly up and down, not side to side.

My warranty is up in a couple weeks, was wondering if it would be worth it to take it in to have it checked out? And no, I don't just yank my cable out. I very securely grab near the end and gently pull it out.

If the "feeling" has changed then I would say you might have a problem. I would think Apple would fix even if out of warranty but I would have them look at it before if possible.

My plug is quite snug in my 5 and both iPads. I have never tried to move them to see if they are loose.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.