Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WilliamDu

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2012
MacMall orders

Hi all - thought I would chime in just for reference. I ordered the following on 1/3/13:

27" iMac Quad-Core Intel Core i5 2.9GHz,
8GB RAM,
1TB Hard Drive,
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M graphics processor with 512MB of GDDR5 memory, Two Thunderbolt ports,
Apple Numeric Keyboard and Magic Trackpad,
OS X Mountain Lion

Macmall originally estimated a ship date in the 2nd or 3rd week of the this month. I sent a follow-up email just to see where things were, and received the following today:

"We are now expecting arrival of the item you ordered by February 14, 2013. However, please be advise that this date provided to us by the manufacturer may still subject to change. We suggest a follow up a day after the aforementioned date as it takes a day for our warehouse to update inventory. We do hope by then your order has already shipped and we have fulfilled already our commitment to you our valued customer."

I'm hoping that's a "safe" date and I see it sooner... but who knows

Don't despair. Last Monday I received a letter from MacMall notifying me that my iMac ordered on 12/18 was backordered and could be as late as 60 days.
Tuesday, the next day, I checked my order on MacMall web site and noted "shipped" and estimated Fedex delivery today at 4:30. Fedex tracking this morning noted my 27" BTO on their van enroute to my house for delivery this afternoon.
My over ten year experience with MacMall tells me they are very reliable and usually conservative. My delivery in 30 days during the early period of no information would indicate you might expect delivery in less than 30 days total, but as you say,who knows?

TouchMint.com

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2012
Phoenix
Did macmall mess up anyone elses order details? I ordered the top line 27inch with 1 upgrade to the 680mx.

my order however shows the price increase 2144 (+ 150) to the video card but the order reads:

27" iMac Quad-Core Intel Core i5 3.2GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB Hard Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M graphics processor with 1GB of GDDR5 memory, Two Thunderbolt ports, Apple Wireless Keyboard and Magic Trackpad, OS X Mountain Lion

Is anyone else seeing this and has anyone received the 680mx from macmall?

BigBlambowski

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2013
I just got an email from a MacMall representative saying that my iMac will be arriving (I'm assuming to their distribution center) on January 25th. So if you didn't get yours shipped this week, it may ship shortly after the 25th.

Last edited:

TouchMint.com

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2012
Phoenix
Ordered the same exact config you did but my order was correct. Mine came yesterday with the 680mx.

Yea my order is still wrong on macmall but before i opened the iMac I checked the specs on the box and all was good. Video card is nice on windows but have not tried on osx yet.

BigBlambowski

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2013
Never mind. I ended up chatting with MacMall about my order because I couldn't wait any longer. The new estimated ETA is February 13th, with no guarantees. Wow.

BigBlambowski

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2013
Well, I walked right into my local Apple store, gave them my configuration, they brought it out and I bought it. It took about 5 minutes total.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.