Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MarkCooz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
California
Do you use the PS Flat Bumper with any edge wraps to protect the surface of metalic edges? If yes, how does it fit? Thanks!

I actually do. It's really really tight if you use Sticker Boy's side wraps. I used the clear wraps from them which is awesome, and when I put it on. It felt really tight, and I wasn't digging it all that much. So i took it off, and liked the fit better without it.

kampongkid

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2012
I had a wrap on my phone and installing the bumper tore it. The fit is extremely snug. Don't really see a reason that you'd need a wrap with this one anyway.

michaelfields

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2010
Can I just point out the ridiculousness of this site's "discount" codes?

This first one is with the DH58GCGWQC code that http://chuwajapanimports.wazala.com/?page=product_det&id=114423 says to use.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 140

michaelfields

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2010
This second one is with the THATTECHSHOW discount code.

Why does the shipping cost to THE SAME EXACT ADDRESS change depending on which "discount" code you use?

Idk if it's just me but I really want this bumper but idk if I can justify spending that much on a fraction of a case and on top of it the "discount" you're getting doesn't discount anything.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 170

MarkCooz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
California
This second one is with the THATTECHSHOW discount code.

Why does the shipping cost to THE SAME EXACT ADDRESS change depending on which "discount" code you use?

Idk if it's just me but I really want this bumper but idk if I can justify spending that much on a fraction of a case and on top of it the "discount" you're getting doesn't discount anything.

Should've used that coupon when I got it.. But I think the "THATTECHSHOW" coupon seems to be changing the shipping cost. It subtracts $5 more off the shipping. That's not much but still the bumper is sexy. You'll love it.

Which one are you thinking of getting?

michaelfields

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2010
Should've used that coupon when I got it.. But I think the "THATTECHSHOW" coupon seems to be changing the shipping cost. It subtracts $5 more off the shipping. That's not much but still the bumper is sexy. You'll love it.

Which one are you thinking of getting?

That actually makes more sense. I've had a bit to drink so that may have just flown over my head since I tried that one first >.<

I was lusting over the black one since it seemed to be closest to keeping the phone the same aesthetically. I just really need something to cover the sides of this phone because they're already chipped just from putting a case on them.

MarkCooz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
California
That actually makes more sense. I've had a bit to drink so that may have just flown over my head since I tried that one first >.<

I was lusting over the black one since it seemed to be closest to keeping the phone the same aesthetically. I just really need something to cover the sides of this phone because they're already chipped just from putting a case on them.

You should try and get the metallic colors (So we could see some closeup pics!) I think they look pretty sexy. The silver one on my white iPhone looks pretty good, but I should've opt in for the Metallic colors! Too bad they were unavailable when i got mine..

I also noticed that this seller seems to be the cheapest when using the 2nd code..? Right? $57 total compared to $59 on the other seller :eek:

MyLS460

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2013
DFW, Texas
I actually do. It's really really tight if you use Sticker Boy's side wraps. I used the clear wraps from them which is awesome, and when I put it on. It felt really tight, and I wasn't digging it all that much. So i took it off, and liked the fit better without it.

Thanks MarkCooz! One more question - what do you use to protect the back without covering up the Apple logo, etc? Supposedly the sheet that comes with the PS Flat Bumper is not very good (bubbles).

MarkCooz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
California
Thanks MarkCooz! One more question - what do you use to protect the back without covering up the Apple logo, etc? Supposedly the sheet that comes with the PS Flat Bumper is not very good (bubbles).

I personally just use Sticker Boy's skin. Top/Bottom skin and using an SGP back screen protector in Matte. Sticker Boy has tons of selections and are amazing quality. I have My Sticker Boy thread here you can check out.

Cheers! Looking forward to seeing your pictures of the bumper. Which did you pick up?

MyLS460

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2013
DFW, Texas
I personally just use Sticker Boy's skin. Top/Bottom skin and using an SGP back screen protector in Matte. Sticker Boy has tons of selections and are amazing quality. I have My Sticker Boy thread here you can check out.

Cheers! Looking forward to seeing your pictures of the bumper. Which did you pick up?

I am buying 2 PS Flat Bumpers - black for my black iPhone 5, and silver and white for my daughter's white version. Do you see any problem with fitting the Sticker-boy back skin with the Power Support Flat Bumper? I just want to make sure that the bumper will not be inteferred by the Sticker-boy skin (e.g., overlapping which may result in the bumper not sitting correctly. I will post pictures once done. Thanks again!

Can you post a close up picture of the back of your phone showing the detail of your current set up? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

MarkCooz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
California
I am buying 2 PS Flat Bumpers - black for my black iPhone 5, and silver and white for my daughter's white version. Do you see any problem with fitting the Sticker-boy back skin with the Power Support Flat Bumper? I just want to make sure that the bumper will not be inteferred by the Sticker-boy skin (e.g., overlapping which may result in the bumper not sitting correctly. I will post pictures once done. Thanks again!

Can you post a close up picture of the back of your phone showing the detail of your current set up? Thanks!

I didn't have any problems using my Sticker Boy Skins for the back.. Side skins might be too snug for the bumper.. As long as you aligned it perfectly center with the middle/top/bottom skins. You Should be okay.

I can't post any other pics since my camera is in my Apartment in L.A. I'm back home with family friends for two weeks.

I found a really nice video though. Seems to be uploaded today. I've been looking for a video on this case. He seems to be rocking the same setup as I am with the GLAS.t

MyLS460

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2013
DFW, Texas
I didn't have any problems using my Sticker Boy Skins for the back.. Side skins might be too snug for the bumper.. As long as you aligned it perfectly center with the middle/top/bottom skins. You Should be okay.

I can't post any other pics since my camera is in my Apartment in L.A. I'm back home with family friends for two weeks.

I found a really nice video though. Seems to be uploaded today. I've been looking for a video on this case. He seems to be rocking the same setup as I am with the GLAS.t

YouTube: video

Thanks so much for your prompt response. Have a great time with your family!

MyLS460

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2013
DFW, Texas
Although I have not received my order (on its way with tracking number), I have had a very pleasant experience dealing with Chuwajapanimports. He is extremely responsive and has gone out of his way expediting the shipment. Highlly reccommend if you need stuff from the land of the rising sun (Japan)!

http://chuwajapanimports.wazala.com

Grayburn

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
England
Although I have not received my order (on its way with tracking number), I have had a very pleasant experience dealing with Chuwajapanimports. He is extremely responsive and has gone out of his way expediting the shipment. Highlly reccommend if you need stuff from the land of the rising sun (Japan)!

I have to second this because my bumper was stuck in customs for 12 days and he was always in conact with me with regards to the progress of the order and was even aplologising for the delay even though it wasn't his fault.

Shame my experience with the bumper wasn't as good, sold it on eBay the other day. Back to the Air Jackets for me.

Last edited:

MarkCooz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
California
an excellent straight to the point review! ;)

Loved that video as well! Glad i shared it here. Short and on to the point!

I agree with you. Sometimes they'll hold the package for more than a week in customs.. Which does suck a lot. But It was definitely worth the wait in my opinion. Looking forward to seeing some photos!

MarkCooz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
California
Is the Silver/White bumper really a white color? It doesn't look like it but if so, will it discolor you think?

The white part is actually the rubber material that serve as a lip on the case. That I think isn't even white when I first got it. It's a bit white-grey color.
If you're not too dirty i think you won't have any problems. Mine still looks pretty mint after a few drops on carpet/wood floors.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
The white part is actually the rubber material that serve as a lip on the case. That I think isn't even white when I first got it. It's a bit white-grey color.
If you're not too dirty i think you won't have any problems. Mine still looks pretty mint after a few drops on carpet/wood floors.

Good info thanks
Would like to see pics without so much DOF if possible
Thanks for sharing

MyLS460

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2013
DFW, Texas

Both arrived safe and sound in record time (Japan - Texas)! Haven't had time to install . . .

- Shipped on 01/15/13 at 6:54pm (Japan time)
- Delivered to my house on 01/17/13 at 9:33am (Texas time)

photo1.JPG
photo.JPG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.