Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jokerz126

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2010
seems kind of lame for all the people that bought readdledocs in the first place...there should be some "pro" features that app purchasers get

fhall1

macrumors 68040
Dec 18, 2007
(Central) NY State of mind
unfortunately the way the app store works they either had to charge EVERYONE for the new version or give it away so those that paid (like me) get the update free. What they should have done is make it free for a while - so existing owners could get it for a short time - then start charging for it. Not sure how they'll afford to give this away free forever.

stiwi

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2010
Dubai
unfortunately the way the app store works they either had to charge EVERYONE for the new version or give it away so those that paid (like me) get the update free. What they should have done is make it free for a while - so existing owners could get it for a short time - then start charging for it. Not sure how they'll afford to give this away free forever.

A good free app is an excellent way to promote company name and the rest of their (paid) products.

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2011
Not sure how they'll afford to give this away free forever.

What makes you think it'll be free forever? I assumed they'll be following your second scenario -- free for now so past customers can upgrade (while folks like me swoop in for a good deal!).

Regards,
Tom

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.