Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipodmac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
UK
I have a retina macbook pro but I have found that it has the thing were if the Bluetooth and WiFi are both on the 2.4 GHz channel it causes the WiFi to become really slow.
This means I can't use the magic mouse over Bluetooth and so is there any mouse that is like the magic mouse and has smooth scrolling but doesn't connect via bluetooth ?
Thank you.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
I have a retina macbook pro but I have found that it has the thing were if the Bluetooth and WiFi are both on the 2.4 GHz channel it causes the WiFi to become really slow.
This means I can't use the magic mouse over Bluetooth and so is there any mouse that is like the magic mouse and has smooth scrolling but doesn't connect via bluetooth ?
Thank you.

Change the channel for the wifi

ipodmac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
UK
Go to the opposite end of the scale

Thanks Gav, however I have changed the channels from channel 1 to 6 and to 11 and they all still slow down the wifi. A 720p video loads fine on Youtube with bluetooth disabled but as soon as I enable it it doesn't work.

I'm thinking about returning the magic mouse due to this fault and getting the Logitech MX performance mouse, do you think this is a good idea or will i miss the magic mouse gestures and smooth scrolling.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Thanks Gav, however I have changed the channels from channel 1 to 6 and to 11 and they all still slow down the wifi. A 720p video loads fine on Youtube with bluetooth disabled but as soon as I enable it it doesn't work.

I'm thinking about returning the magic mouse due to this fault and getting the Logitech MX performance mouse, do you think this is a good idea or will i miss the magic mouse gestures and smooth scrolling.

I would get it swapped if its interfering with the whole scale then it's defiantly faulty mate. And yes I said swapped, I've got a gaming mouse but still use my Magic Mouse and trackpad. Wouldn't be without them!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.