Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skateny

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2012
New York, NY
I've always been partial to Apple's PowerBooks. My first was a 520c. I added memory and a card cage so I could use a modem. It was a great machine.

But my all-time favorite was my brand new 300MHz Wall Street PowerBook G3. It was an awesome laptop -- OS 9, DVD player (which was not all that common at the time), nice display, and very powerful in its time. A beautiful machine. I'm sorry I ever sold it, but I did get a premium price for it, having upgraded it and kept it in excellent condition. :eek:

rjcalifornia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
El Salvador
Why not ? that way also can use pandora or try hulu :) theres plenty of vpn options that cost as low as 10 bucks a year :eek:

Im from Dominican Republic btw :p

haha I don't really need VPN. I just need a decent player, that looks like WinAmp, without recurring to VPN :)

jruschme

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2011
Brick, NJ
Xmms

May be is there a way to compile the good old XMMS in Mac OS Powerpc?

Both XMMS and XMMS2 are listed as valid install targets for MacPorts, though I confess I've never tried to buid either of them.

rjcalifornia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
El Salvador
Did you try eyoungrens suggestion, Audion? It's skinnable, maybe you can find a Winamp-lookalike there?

Yes I did, but it was not being nice with m4a audio files :( nor flac.

Flac? yeah I'm kinda crazy for HD songs lol

Man I don't want to stick to iTunes. I believe I have no choice :'(

rjcalifornia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
El Salvador
Nevermind guys!!!! The answer was in front of me:

Real Player!!!!!!

Realplayer looks like WinAmp and has almost the same behavior. Thanks!

Starfighter

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2011
Sweden
Who would've guessed? :D I really loved RealAudio Player (as it was called at the time were you were lucky to find a few .ra-files with mostly extremely compressed tunes to fit the 56k-modems), before it became utterly bloated. Since then I have systematically avoided it. I'm glad that you found a substitute that works for you, let's play some music! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.