Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

canwe3

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
when I had previous android phone I could send voice mail without calling. How can I do this on iphone5?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Out of curiosity, how were you able to do it on previous (Android) phones?

As for pretty much any phone, one option is the service provided by http://www.slydial.com/ (through their app, or simply by using their number).

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
Depending on the voicemail system you can, in some cases, call the voicemail center, enter the number and directly access the voicemail associated with that number.

canwe3

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
we can send text messages, videos, pictures, email but we can't sent a voice message? WHY?

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA

Go to voice memo app (all iPhones come with it). Record your voice message. Click the button right button. Click share, then select message. From there just enter the contact and it sends the voice memo through the messages app.

canwe3

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Go to voice memo app (all iPhones come with it). Record your voice message. Click the button right button. Click share, then select message. From there just enter the contact and it sends the voice memo through the messages app.
ty will try

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
If you're on a Sprint phone and are calling another Sprint phone, adding "11" to the 10 digit number will send you directly to their voicemail without ringing their phone. The sending and receiving phone can be any Sprint phone: Android, iPhone, dumbphone.

Example: Say the person you're calling is on Sprint, and their number is (212)555-1212. If you dial 11-212-555-1212 from your sprint cell phone, their voicemail will pick up without ringing their phone, and you can leave them a message.

This is an undocumented feature/bug of Sprint's internal call routing system, been there since the very start of their network, and ONLY works if both the calling phone and the called phone are on Sprint. And sadly, it'll most likely not be around for much longer. It'll probably go away as Sprint transitions from its somewhat antiquated ANSI SS7-type system to something that enables Voice over LTE.

Last edited:

Tinanguyen

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2013
I'm a tmobile member. Currently have the iphone 5. For us, you can just call your own number and it will immediately go to your voicemail and you can choose to send a message from option 2. You just need to remember the person's number as you will need to input that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.