Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ancilla

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 13, 2011
So when I go to a website on my browser, sometimes the page will load 95% (and I can see all the content), so I will start scrolling. However, presumably because there are a few page elements not fully loaded, when I scroll down, nothing happens.

So I end up swiping my fingers down multiple times until, finally, it starts to scroll.

Would be smarter if the Mac let me swipe once, then scroll down automatically once the page was ready.

Any fixes for this?

I use Chrome, btw.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
How does the browser predict you wanto go to the bottom?

How does the browser knows what speed you want to scroll down?

How does the browser knows you are not reading page 1, therefore it should not automatically scroll until u finish reading?

ancilla

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 13, 2011
What I mean is this:

Let's say you go to engadget.com. They have a header/banner at the top of the page, so I want to scroll down a few lines to get to the first post.

If the page has already loaded, then I swipe my fingers an inch or so, and it does that.

If the page is only 95% loaded, I do the same swipe and nothing happens.

The Mac should be smart enough to let me swipe once, then activate that swipe automatically once the page loads, rather than have me swiping fruitlessly until the page finally loads.

The browser doesn't have to "know what speed I want to scroll down" or anything else. It should do the exact same thing as it would do if the page was fully loaded: scroll down a few lines when the user does a two finger swipe.

How does the browser predict you wanto go to the bottom?

How does the browser knows what speed you want to scroll down?

How does the browser knows you are not reading page 1, therefore it should not automatically scroll until u finish reading?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.