Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rhei

macrumors member
Original poster
May 16, 2011
This awesome strategy game is now available for OSX. I just recently purchased this game in the Steam Winter sale for PC and it is incredible. In the campaign, unit count is kept from one mission to the next, meaning if you're silly and decide to lose all of your tanks in one mission, you won't have any for the next.

I'm still trying to get the hang of it, but I highly recommend people check this out. The closest comparison I can think of for this is along the lines of the Total War series but with more unit variety.

Requirements:
Processor: INTEL CORE 2 DUO 2.4 GHZ
Memory: 2048 MB
Graphics: 256 MB ATI RADEON HD 4670/NVIDIA GEFORCE GT120/320M OR HIGHER
Hard Drive: 10 GB
Other: INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED FOR ONLINE GAMING

Link:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/58610

ninja2000

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2010
Yeah, just saw this! Been playing it in bootcamp since release. The multi player is awesome. Can't wait to DL the mac client.

Things are getting so much better in mac, sc2, ruse, wee now all I need is dota2 and coh 2 native and I will rarely boot into windows

Rhei

macrumors member
Original poster
May 16, 2011
It is a very fun game, but like you BRLawyer, I'm running out of time to be able to play as I get older. I'm only in the 3rd or 4th mission myself and I've had it since before New Years.

ninja2000: I know the feeling. When I first got my MBP I bootcamped for all my gaming needs, ever since I switched out my HDD a few months ago I haven't bothered with it.

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
It is a very fun game, but like you BRLawyer, I'm running out of time to be able to play as I get older. I'm only in the 3rd or 4th mission myself and I've had it since before New Years.

ninja2000: I know the feeling. When I first got my MBP I bootcamped for all my gaming needs, ever since I switched out my HDD a few months ago I haven't bothered with it.

I am probably going to buy it anyway...it seems like a great title.

But there is a caveat - NO cross-platform multiplayer for now.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Glad to see this appearing on MacOSX. I've been playing this casually (PC Steam) and despite a steep learning curve (IMO), and figuring out the interface (you create groups of units and upgrade them, sounds easy, but...), its a fun game RTS wargame.

If I was to critique it, I'd say there are too many units. A good strategy is to stay with allied units if you can. Allied tanks can shoot while moving. I don't know about all of the Axis tanks, but early ones must stop to shoot, a definite disadvantage.

91.jpg

Last edited:

fat jez

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
Glasgow, UK
I downloaded the Mac version from Steam last night, having previously bought the PC version (I love being licensed to run the game on both at no additional cost).

It's a tough game, which uses the RUSE engine, which is why I suspect it has been ported over. I'll need to play it some more :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.