Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JeffiJers

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 12, 2012
U.S.
Verizon S3 w Vanilla 4.1

New to the OSX world and just introduced to podcasts that itunes offered. Feel like i cant live without them now.

Searched and havent come up with anything solid..

What app or what can i do to get the itunes podcasts on my android device?

Thank you and sorry if this has been gone over, i havent found the simple answer or application

N0ddie

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2011
Glasgow
Google "Easy Phone Sync". Allows you to use iTunes to sync music, podcasts etc that u have in iTunes.

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
What I used was an app called "dogcatcher" for android and subscribed to all my podcasts there. It's nice cause you don't have to worry about syncing to your computer and it will automatically update your podcasts when your on wifi.

As for music I just imported everything to google music, and set it up to sync with my iTunes music folder so if I buy new music through iTunes it automatically uploads it to google music.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
What I used was an app called "dogcatcher" for android and subscribed to all my podcasts there. It's nice cause you don't have to worry about syncing to your computer and it will automatically update your podcasts when your on wifi.

As for music I just imported everything to google music, and set it up to sync with my iTunes music folder so if I buy new music through iTunes it automatically uploads it to google music.

I did the same thing for my music when I had my Nexus 7 - took forever then, but I'd assume now that it matches as opposed to uploading everything, it would be a lot quicker. Works well.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
Don't listen to a ton of podcasts but when I do, doubleTwist has done he job for me. I don't sync but rather download directly to my phone.

JeffiJers

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 12, 2012
U.S.
Google "Easy Phone Sync". Allows you to use iTunes to sync music, podcasts etc that u have in iTunes.

This works great, thank you!

Question, for your IOS guys... does the iphone have itunes right on the phone so you can get the latest and greatest right there?

I am not an android guy nor an iphone guy, just need something that work from me.

I wish the iphone could tether with my unlimited data verizon..

adnbek

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
This works great, thank you!

Question, for your IOS guys... does the iphone have itunes right on the phone so you can get the latest and greatest right there?

Yes. Anything in the iTunes store is accessible and can be downloaded directly by an iPhone/iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.