Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xr280xr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2013
Hello,
I dropped my phone a whopping 2 ft and the screen no longer works. Apple told me its junk so I figure since I'm not going to spend 200 to replace it, I may as well try to fix it myself for around half that since people around town want the same amount for parts + labor. Which I take to me the part proably costs them around half of the price they're charging. I've looked into what the repair involves. My question is where can I get quality parts? I've read good things about iFixit: http://www.ifixit.com/iPhone-Parts/iPhone-4S-Display-Assembly/IF115-000 . Does anyone with some experience have any recommendations? The screen was pretty much the most important feature of this phone to me.

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
ifixit is expensive - but its legit parts. Maybe some other people have experience from other 3rd party sellers.

xr280xr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2013
Thanks! I was also looking at applepartsstore.com which is a lot cheaper and claims the parts are OEM.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.