Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kampongkid

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2012
is there any word on when the real ones are being shipped?

this is awfully tempting. lol with gorilla grass

itzAstonish

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
The thing is I'm not sure of the materials used and I doubt it's real gg. Is the taktik aluminum? Because seller said these are not

----------

is there any word on when the real ones are being shipped?

this is awfully tempting. lol with gorilla grass

And yea I was lolling at gorilla grass

itzAstonish

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
Yea it worked on my laptop, I was on my ipad before. The reviews seem mixed, the biggest gripes being the screen being insensitive and quality control problems. Hmm

itzAstonish

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
Turns out that taktik canceled their alloy case due to reception issues and is now using the same polymer material that these replicas are using. Starting to think these replicas might just be leaked lunatik cases because they are being manufactured in china as well.

Edit: I bit. I'll post pictures and initial impressions when I get it.

Last edited:

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
It's amazing that you can purchase a fake case when the real Taktik case is not even out yet. :eek:

iEnvy

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
DFW
Damn this looks tempting. The sheer bulk of the case is ridiculous imo, but it looks so cool..

itzAstonish

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
Damn this looks tempting. The sheer bulk of the case is ridiculous imo, but it looks so cool..

Thickness wise it's smaller than the defender. I dig the design though, it looks like something out of halo lol

Mack813

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2013
I got one and I'm happy with it!! It has all the brandings of lunatik! Paid $50 after I got it my wife was jealous so I had to order her one!!

Go ahead and order it guys forget paying 125 for one that's not even out yet!!

I'm posting from my iPhone so I will post pics later on today

----------

Of you can go to this link and see the pics I already posted on another site

http://niketalk.com/t/507071/offici...es-thread-cases-cords-docks/330#post_17064004

Mack813

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2013
Woot! Does it have a glass sp?

Yes it has a gorilla glass on it!! I'm telling you guys this thing is legit! Look on eBay and buy one from the seller iphonecases2011 ships from Hong Kong but took like 10 days if that to get to me!! I was going to order the aluminum one good thing I didn't because I would of been mad if it affected my reception like my old aluminum case!! But overall I'm pleased!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.