Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pokenguyen

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2012
really? so in your case its too loose? or its too tight? my friend had to help me get it on lol he squeezed i screwed!

I tried to squeeze it many times by my self but but ít's too tight, I can't join to place the screw:(

Then, I decide to take the rashguard + foam out and the case fit perfectly, so the problem is in the thickness of rashguard. Now I don't have any foam remaining, can you suggest something to replace it:(

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
I tried to squeeze it many times by my self but but ít's too tight, I can't join to place the screw:(

Then, I decide to take the rashguard + foam out and the case fit perfectly, so the problem is in the thickness of rashguard. Now I don't have any foam remaining, can you suggest something to replace it:(

hmmm i left out the foam parts and put mine on with just the rash gaurds, took 2 people to get it on so theres nothing i can really recommend except order a pair off ebay and have someone help!

pokenguyen

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2012
Do the black ops versions come with the awesome VZ grips backplate?

Yes, but it's a bit smaller than iphone, so it won't cover all the back. And the camera hole is smaller too, you will cover a bit of camera with this fake back, but it won't affect the sight of camera, so you can still use it.

lunarken

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2011
here is mine
616244_10151178412586332_2137051145_o.jpg

Last edited:

zybersniper

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2013
Does this case scratch up the sides of the iPhone 5? As I know, the side along the bottom of the iPhone 5 where the speaker and lightning connector are does not have the soft felt lining on the Elements case unlike the top. I went to Caseswill local store to feel around the edges and they are quite sharp and not perfectly smooth.

I'd have a heart attack if I took off the sector case to see my chamfered edge completely silver. :eek:

Presonance

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2010
Does this case scratch up the sides of the iPhone 5? As I know, the side along the bottom of the iPhone 5 where the speaker and lightning connector are does not have the soft felt lining on the Elements case unlike the top. I went to Caseswill local store to feel around the edges and they are quite sharp and not perfectly smooth.

I'd have a heart attack if I took off the sector case to see my chamfered edge completely silver. :eek:

They have a local store? Where are you?

Six8

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2012
Earth
Just installed mine.... It's meh. Would not fit with the rash guards so I had to remove the bottom guard. I might like it better if the screws were black. The back pieces are too small and very sticky. I already ruined the suede back.

Isn700

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2012
Hi

How was the rest of the install? Have pics???

QUOTE=Six8;16686761]Just installed mine.... It's meh. Would not fit with the rash guards so I had to remove the bottom guard. I might like it better if the screws were black. The back pieces are too small and very sticky. I already ruined the suede back.[/QUOTE]

Six8

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2012
Earth
Hi

How was the rest of the install? Have pics???

QUOTE=Six8;16686761]Just installed mine.... It's meh. Would not fit with the rash guards so I had to remove the bottom guard. I might like it better if the screws were black. The back pieces are too small and very sticky. I already ruined the suede back.
[/QUOTE]

Very tight. Ill take a pic when the wife returns

pokenguyen

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2012
I don't know if this is an issue with only this fake or both fake and original case, but it does hurt me usually while grabbing the phone. The edges of the case are not smooth, tiny gaps between the insert (plastic part) and the case scratch me sometimes too. Are there anyway to smooth them?:confused:

chronolegacy

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2013
anyone order from caseswill using DHL in the states? How long did it take for you to get it?

:EDIT: I seen this on aliexpress and wondering if I should pull the trigger. Would any of you? Its free shipping with a estimated 5-10 day delivery. http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2012-New-Model-BLACK-COLOR-Element-Vapor-Sector-5-Aluminum-Metal-Bumper-Case-Cover-for-iPhone/697065990.html

I ordered this last week. 3 working days to process transaction. 2 working days to get tracking info. Still in China though. I guess 8 working days to go then.

That seller does have good feedback and the lowest shipping time of all. Thats what made me pulled the trigger anyway.

ahfu25

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2009
I ordered this last week. 3 working days to process transaction. 2 working days to get tracking info. Still in China though. I guess 8 working days to go then.

That seller does have good feedback and the lowest shipping time of all. Thats what made me pulled the trigger anyway.

From the same seller?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.