Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Nope. Tried it when I first about the problem and tried it just now. Up and down and diagonally. No point in side to side because I'm never going to do that......ever. The only time it stutters is when my finger accidentally moves past the screen and I accidentally bring down the notifications bar. I'm on 6.0.2 with an iPhone 5.

keep doing it and fast. you will see im right.

Who uses their device like that??

if you are scrolling very fast, say its a very long list and you wanna get to the bottom.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
keep doing it and fast. you will see im right.

if you are scrolling very fast, say its a very long list and you wanna get to the bottom.

When you're scrolling to the bottom of a list you don't go side to side or diagonally and don't go up and down continuously. You use single upward swipes. From the responses, this is obviously an issue that doesn't affect a whole lot of people. Stop trying to prove everyone wrong.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
When you're scrolling to the bottom of a list you don't go side to side or diagonally and don't go up and down continuously. You use single upward swipes. From the responses, this is obviously an issue that doesn't affect a whole lot of people. Stop trying to prove everyone wrong.

1. Iam not aggressive. I dont wanna start a fight with you guys.

So , that said - Iam very sure this is a problem/issue with ALL iPhone 5 devices. And if someone can post me a video doing it , and proving me wrong, ill stop replying (the second I confirm the video and hes doing it right) - So -

Its either - swipe fast from side to side or swipe fast up and down.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
I know what you mean about stuttering when scrolling fast in a downward direction because my 1st Gen iPad had that problem with Photos when it had the original iOS installed (I bought it on launch day 2010.) As soon as the iOS was updated for the first time, the problem went away. Completely.

In the present and on my iPhone 5, I just tested fast-scrolling down in a Note that I kept daily for last year. It has several separate line entries for every single day of 2012 so you can imagine how long it is. It scrolls down so quickly that the lines will seem to be going backward, similar to the effect that some cars have with fancy wheels. Scrolling back up is even faster.

Just FYI, and for everyone else. (iOS 6.0.2) :)

duneriderltr450

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Oregon
1. Iam not aggressive. I dont wanna start a fight with you guys.

So , that said - Iam very sure this is a problem/issue with ALL iPhone 5 devices. And if someone can post me a video doing it , and proving me wrong, ill stop replying (the second I confirm the video and hes doing it right) - So -

Its either - swipe fast from side to side or swipe fast up and down.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Wow this thread is growing and growing !

I would only raise an eyebrow if my iPhone 5 did this with natural normal usage.

To " keep doing it " to try and get any lag or trying to scroll using not usual strokes across the screen is pointless to me.

Yes I've tried anyway and get no lagg in my case.

Period.

Illest

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2012
Bay Area, California.
I love it how you guys havent even read through my responses in this thread. You read the threadstart.

I can assure you, 100% that you will get the freeze when scrolling fast sides to sides or up and down.

I love it how you're making an assumption that we haven't read through your responses. Like I said before, no problems here. Calm down..

zybersniper

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2013
I just feel that the screen is not as responsive as the 4S. Takes a few more taps to get something selected.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Nice try hahahahaahhah.

Guys , if you can hear it , he plays the video on repeat. Hear the guy in the backgroundsound:

Hear LPC ! Hear LPC! Hear LPC!

Busted buster.

----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnioM-nkhqc

here you go sir.

You're not very well versed in music are you? That's not LPC he's saying. "You down with OPP? Yeah you know me." And yes it does repeat. The video is legit. The video you posted is also not your own. Post YOUR own video of it happening.

Else
You be trollin.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
Honestly, if one has to go out of one's way to perform some unusual movements to try and replicate some odd behavior, then AFAIC it's not relevant.

The only diagonal movement that I've ever used on any iDevice is to turn the Calendar page on my iPads, using the page corner diagonal swipe, the purpose for which that movement was created, IMO. I don't think it's meant for iPhones.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Nice try hahahahaahhah.

Guys , if you can hear it , he plays the video on repeat. Hear the guy in the backgroundsound:

Hear LPC ! Hear LPC! Hear LPC!

Busted buster.

----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnioM-nkhqc

here you go sir.
What you posted is the supposed rapid back-and-forth diagonal scrolling lag that has been attributed to iPhone 5 and has already been reported and covered by quite a few different articles on different tech news sites, including this one, as mentioned earlier in the thread.

Is there a need to discuss it all again in yet another thread trying to prove/disprove it when it's already been covered endlessly when it was first reported months ago? Doesn't have anything to do with back-and-forth vertical scrolling (or horizontal, not that anyone really does that much).

Seems like it's beyond time to move on already, especially since videos about vertical scrolling have been posted more than once here and really can't be argued with except for making something up about a song in the background (which is a well known song that is most definitely not any kind of a loop) or something else fictional that doesn't even fit in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.