Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macpro2000

macrumors 65816
Feb 23, 2005
Nice to have mine delivered this morning at 9:30AM. (ordered 12/23)

3.4 i7
680 @GB
3TB Fusion

Worst part was restoring from Time Machine Backup which was going to take 7 hours, but should be done when I get home from work.

BTW, found something out...if you use an external HD plugged into an Airport Extreme for time machine, the only way to restore to a new computer is via the network, you can't unplug it from the router then directly into the computer to restore, the computer won't recognize it. Luckily I had made a backup directly via USB prior. :)

seangallagher

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2013
Hey - that's weird - my mac was on the same flight and I'm in NY (Queens) too, but mine was delivered this morning. You in NYC?

really? you just ruined my day :) haha - I live in Westchester County. Curious, did FedEx update their status that it was on the way to you? I've been at work all day but assumed they didn't come by as my status says it's still in Newark.

Hopefully it'll come tomorrow - I looked back on this thread and someone else had their iMac sitting at Newark for a day before it finally got moved to their local FedEx.

Enjoy your new iMac!

ihaveneverknown

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2012
December 21st order.

I just called to check status, more out of curiosity then frustration and they are sending me a free Superdrive.

It sounds like any order that may breach the 30 day window gets some TLC by Apple.

kfernandes29

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2013
YES!!! Just got the great news! Mine is being prepared for shipment right now!

Ordered December 31st.

Available: January
Configuration

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
Apple Num Kybd(Eng)+User's Gd
COUNTRY KIT

PS. I don't mean to brag to people waiting since mid December. I'm just way too excited to care about being obnoxious lol

currickdunly

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2013
really? you just ruined my day :) haha - I live in Westchester County. Curious, did FedEx update their status that it was on the way to you? I've been at work all day but assumed they didn't come by as my status says it's still in Newark.

Hopefully it'll come tomorrow - I looked back on this thread and someone else had their iMac sitting at Newark for a day before it finally got moved to their local FedEx.

Enjoy your new iMac!

Yeah - it updated - it left Newark at like 3:45 and was in Queens by 6:30 or so.

I don't know why yours would have been held up... weird.

Maybe they just screwed up the tracking updates.

Anyway, hope it's fantastic when it does get there!

tophermd

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2011
Atlanta, GA
YES!!! Just got the great news! Mine is being prepared for shipment right now!

Ordered December 31st.

Available: January
Configuration

3TB Fusion Drive
APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
Apple Num Kybd(Eng)+User's Gd
COUNTRY KIT

PS. I don't mean to brag to people waiting since mid December. I'm just way too excited to care about being obnoxious lol
Oh, I don't think you're being obnoxious, ;)
I just can't believe that so many machines with the exact same configuration as mine are already shipping even when they were ordered 5 to 8 days AFTER mine.
:confused:

b3enthusiast

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2013
A big thank you

Here's the checklist I used, if it helps...

Dead pixels?
Backlight bleed?
Stuck pixels?
Scratches on aluminum?
Scratches on glass?
Yellowing on screen?
Uniform color across screen?
Level display or crooked?
Image Retention?
Fan noise?
CPU matches order?
GPU matches order?
RAM matches order?
Camera works?
Speakers work?
Fusion drive matches order?
Brand of hard disk?

That is a great checklist......hopefully Apple is using some of those in their Quality Control parameters.

b3

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Here's the checklist I used, if it helps...

Dead pixels?
Backlight bleed?
Stuck pixels?
Scratches on aluminum?
Scratches on glass?
Yellowing on screen?
Uniform color across screen?
Level display or crooked?
Image Retention?
Fan noise?
CPU matches order?
GPU matches order?
RAM matches order?
Camera works?
Speakers work?
Fusion drive matches order?
Brand of hard disk?

Or just buy Apple Care and not have to worry about any of that for the next 3 years, LOL

----------

Mine just got delivered!

Ordered: 12/26
Preparing: 1/13
Shipped: 1/14
Delivered: 1/17

Grrr, SF here too, mine shipped on the 16th, so it says delivers Monday the 21st. I'm hoping it really gets here Friday (tomorrow) but it's not looking good for that. :-(

Jedijuhl

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2013
Vancouver Canada
Long time thread stalker. First time poster.
Ordered January 1 2013 @ 12:08am ;) Happy New Year for me
Still processing....

3.2GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
1TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 675MX 1G GDDR5
MAGIC TRACKPAD-AM
APPLE BATTERY CHARGER
Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
COUNTRY KIT

Just checked with apple through the apple store APP @ 3:42 PST and I'm officially a member of the "Preparing for Shipment" club! :) :) :) Funny no email or text confirmation received though.

kfernandes29

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2013
Just checked with apple through the apple store APP @ 3:42 PST and I'm officially a member of the "Preparing for Shipment" club! :) :) :) Funny no email or text confirmation received though.

Me either. But I don't think you get notifications until the Shipped status.

ThisAppleGuy

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
I'm from Australia, and Apple recently added the $100 Back to Uni Gift Card Promotion ~ which started from Jan 15th onwards.

Just check my order, and found Apple added me to the promotion surprisingly.. considering I placed my order well before the promotion started. Pretty happy about that :D Thanks :apple:

Still in the 'Processing' stage. Having a gut feeling.. it will be soon for Preparing. :rolleyes:

Patience. It is near!

ihaveneverknown

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2012
My order (2.9, 1TB fusion) changed to Preparing for Shipment this morning. Hopefully that breaks the Dec 22 jinx and orders from that date will start moving now.

Dec. 21st seems to have been a bad day as well. I went to preparing about an hour ago. (A few hours after Apple hooked me up w/ a free Superdrive for the wait.)

I guess the question then is; in the grand scheme of things, is 5 - 7 days of additional wait time worth a free $80 add on?

I'd undoubtably say yes. Three months from now I'll care less it came the 4th week of Jan vs the 3rd.

lilface

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Dec. 21st seems to have been a bad day as well. I went to preparing about an hour ago. (A few hours after Apple hooked me up w/ a free Superdrive for the wait.)

I guess the question then is; in the grand scheme of things, is 5 - 7 days of additional wait time worth a free $80 add on?

I'd undoubtably say yes. Three months from now I'll care less it came the 4th week of Jan vs the 3rd.

I just called and got a free super drive as well... Now I can only hope a few hours from now my order will change to preparing! Otherwise I guess I can be excited to stare at the free super drive sitting alone on my desk? Lol

ijacob4

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2013
ordered 12/30
3TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA Drive

Preparing for Shipment 1/17 night

wrosie

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2012
California
Ordered December 30; preparing for shipment January 17.

Upgraded the processor, 3TB fusion drive, didn't upgrade the graphics card since I don't do anything that's graphics-intensive. 32 GB of Crucial RAM are sitting on a shelf in my office. I'm excited!

Adam-

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2011
ordered 28th Dec, shipped on the 16th, flight out of china on the 18th and will arrive in the UK around 5pm, I wonder if they do saturday deliveries with normal shipping?

lilface

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I just called and got a free super drive as well... Now I can only hope a few hours from now my order will change to preparing! Otherwise I guess I can be excited to stare at the free super drive sitting alone on my desk? Lol

Edit.. Just went to preparing for shipment!!! Finally!!

codeoverride

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2008
Got mine today. Already found 2 dead pixels :(
They're near the bottom of the screen but it makes me so sad.
Thinking about returning it but I'm afraid to get a replacement in worst shape.

Last edited:

forty2j

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
NJ
Greetings from the new iMac :)

As far as I can tell it's a perfect specimen. Will need more time with it of course to make that determination.

seangallagher

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2013
Yeah - it updated - it left Newark at like 3:45 and was in Queens by 6:30 or so.

I don't know why yours would have been held up... weird.

Maybe they just screwed up the tracking updates.

Anyway, hope it's fantastic when it does get there!

thanks! finally got updated 9:55 pm - Departed FedEx location
should be getting it tomorrow

laryenhilllvr

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2012
NYC
Oh, I don't think you're being obnoxious, ;)
I just can't believe that so many machines with the exact same configuration as mine are already shipping even when they were ordered 5 to 8 days AFTER mine.
:confused:

:confused:i'm just as puzzled as you are. i'm a 12/26 order and not having a computer at all it's getting VERY hard to justify waiting for apple's seemingly lottery draw when there are perfectly good computer on the pc side (for less money and better specs) i can start buying that won't treat their customers in this manner. they've got until monday.:mad:

mbpkid

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2011
OMFG APPLE JUST TOOK MY MONEY FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT SO I WENT TO APPLE.COM TO CHECK MY ORDER AND IT NOW SAYS PREPARING FOR SHIPMENT WOOOOOOT !!!! i ordered january 1st :D

2 pics cuz i dont wana show my name/order number

Attachments

• oposa.png
    oposa.png
    46.4 KB · Views: 58
  • jan.png
    jan.png
    9.5 KB · Views: 370

emsworthboy

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2012
Emsworth, England
Just went overnight to preparing

Uk order 28 December went to preparing overnight. Great news and the space on my desk is awaiting. I7, fusion drive and 675 (am a photographer and wanted fast work in aperture and photoshop). :):):)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.