Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
I like. I've always hated the extra-tapered edge of the iPad 3, and can't wait for next year when I upgrade -- to an new iPad with a hopefully less tapered edge!

SR71

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2011
Boston, MA
I like. I've always hated the extra-tapered edge of the iPad 3, and can't wait for next year when I upgrade -- to an new iPad with a hopefully less tapered edge!

That is what I want the ipad 5 to look like. Thinner, lighter, and with slightly smaller bezels. Perfect.

Piccio

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2012
They only have to do a bigger iPad Mini or an huge iPod Touch 5G.

That is the form factor we're looking for in terms of width, thickness and weight.

acorntoy

macrumors 68010
May 25, 2010
Looks nice. I really just hope that its significantly lighter, and hurts less to hold without a case (the 3'rd+4'th gens sides dig into your hands)

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007

I actually love the look of the current full size iPad but the pics for what the 5 might look like also look good. It gives me a reason to buy the new model. I have no iPad favorites, I love them all. :)

giraffeboy27

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 5, 2013
When I said "serious talent, I was referring to the fact that he built the 3d model himself and redered it to look extremely realistic. It's not a simple photo edit. Check your facts dude. LOL.

novono

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2012
Great renders. I hope they keep the equal size bezel though. It's just more pleasing to the eye IMO. I hope it will be significantly lighter too.

DMH3006

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2011
Looks terrific,really good indeed although some more bezel on the side would be nice and it looks overall smaller,even in height so that will automatically make it feel lighter.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Not sure what taking a mini and making it larger has to do with talent, but I still like it.

rowspaxe

macrumors 68020
Jan 29, 2010
Face, the ipad is one of the ugliest hi tech devices ever. The mini has a certain charm, but the full size looks like and etch a sketch. The 11" air inspires, the 10" ipad, meh. The problem is excerbated by the hideous smart cover. I hope some one makes a thin cover worthy of the ipad 5. We'll see.

Random 995K

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2012
Face, the ipad is one of the ugliest hi tech devices ever. The mini has a certain charm, but the full size looks like and etch a sketch. The 11" air inspires, the 10" ipad, meh. The problem is excerbated by the hideous smart cover. I hope some one makes a thin cover worthy of the ipad 5. We'll see.

Lol wut, strongly disagree. The ipad 3/4 is another great looking product from apple. One of the big reason people buy apple products over the competition is the superior design and looks. The ipad IMO is no exception. The mini looks better ill admit but the 9.7 inch is still the nicest and stylish look tablet in its category IMO.

scupking

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2010
Looks great! Big brother version of the mini! Now if it comes in lighter then the iPad 2, has the option of 128GBs and 2GBs of ram this thing will be great!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.