Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JamerTheProgram

macrumors member
Original poster
Hey guys!
I have found a good deal on an iPhone 4 with a no signal fault on eBay.
I'm thinking of buying it so I can repair the antenna in it. I heard this issue is caused by a loose antenna cable in the phone, or even a software bug. Is that all it can be caused by? If so, I could probably fix it my self. What else can no signal be caused by?
Thanks!
PS:
Its only 80 pounds so its not too much if it goes wrong as I could use with an iPod Touch anyway.

Tunny

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2013
Staffordshire
A bit of a grey area mate.
I've been stung once before as this can also mean it has been barred, which means you may even be handling stolen goods:eek:

bursthead

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2010
Hey guys!
I'm thinking of buying it so I can repair the antenna in it. I heard this issue is caused by a loose antenna cable in the phone, or even a software bug. Is that all it can be caused by? If so, I could probably fix it my self. What else can no signal be caused by?
Thanks!
PS:
Its only 80 pounds so its not too much if it goes wrong as I could use with an iPod Touch anyway.

I do not believe it is a hardware issue, it's probably a bad esn/imei. Meaning it's carrier blocked.

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012
Hey guys!
Thanks!
PS:

Why are you asking these questions, you are the one buying the phone to repair it, and I would assume you know how to do this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.