Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

testcard

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
Northumbria, UK
I came across an interesting utility app yesterday - PhoneClean. It's similar to CCleaner, and comes in Mac and PC versions and works with (apparently) all iPhone and iPad versions. It scans and then removes junk and temp files, and clears caches.

Download to Mac and install, connect iOS device and begin scan. You then have the option to delete the junk files discovered. Decided to give it a try with my iPad 1 16GB, and freed up .75GB, without any problems, yet.

I did a search, but couldn't find any other mention of this app, so I would be interested to know if anyone else has tried PhoneClean.

Disclaimer: I have no connection with the makers of this app.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
What kind of files are considered junk ?

Like when you delete an app , stuff gets left behind ?

CharismaticNerd

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2013
Dallas, TX
So..sorry for rezing a old thread lol but has anyone got the latest update (2.1.5) to work? it just tells me to connect my phone, like it doesn't even detect it's plugged in.

ikcaj

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2014
Free Link & ? Re: Tools/AppClean

As of 1/26/14 there is a pre-licensed free download of v.3.10 from a previous promotion here

I am searching for information on the "App Clean" option under the Tools menu. I can't seem to find any info on in the user guide as to what this action does. I may just be overlooking it. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be most appreciative.

Thanks.

ikcaj

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2014
As of 1/26/14 there is a pre-licensed free download of v.3.10 from a previous promotion here

I am searching for information on the "App Clean" option under the Tools menu. I can't seem to find any info on in the user guide as to what this action does. I may just be overlooking it. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be most appreciative.

Thanks.

Disregard, the AppClean under the Tools Menu simply uninstalls apps, so that does nothing for the "other" issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.