Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ohla313

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
I have been having constant Wi-Fi connection issues since I got my MBA in August. Whenever I restart/startup/wake form sleep my MBA, it takes 30 seconds to a minute to connect to Wi-Fi. All my applications load up but have to wait for the Wi-Fi to connect to get going. I am running Mountain Lion. Any idea why this is happening?

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
This should be on a FAQ.

Always check ur "preferred networks" U may had accumulated too many and the machine is trying to connect to each one in turn.

ohla313

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
This should be on a FAQ.

Always check ur "preferred networks" U may had accumulated too many and the machine is trying to connect to each one in turn.

Nope. I only have 4 networks under preferred networks.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Also be aware of network shares ur machine maybe attempting to connect to which are not there. Do u get the beach ball during the wait?

ohla313

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
Also be aware of network shares ur machine maybe attempting to connect to which are not there. Do u get the beach ball during the wait?

No. Everything loads fine; just that the Wifi icon keeps flashing. It's like everything loads super fast but the wifi so I end up waiting anyways. Kind of kills the purpose of a MBA..

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Well u sure are a difficult patient. ;)

Some WIFI issues have come across says: Change WIFI channel, re-Configure AP's IPV6, Disable firewall on broadband modem etc. Try another AP?

ohla313

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
Well u sure are a difficult patient. ;)

Some WIFI issues have come across says: Change WIFI channel, re-Configure AP's IPV6, Disable firewall on broadband modem etc. Try another AP?

This problem is consistent with all kinds of networks though. How do I try another AP? Could it be a problem with the hardware?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.