Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brian1037

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2013
Up until a couple hours ago, Finder would always open up where it was last. Now, it always opens in the top left corner of the screen. I've tried moving and closing it, moving it and minimizing, and pressing the green button. Anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks.

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
Press CMD + N to open a new finder window and position it where you would like it on your display. It should open in the same place the next time you open a new finder window, or at least that's how it's always worked for me. Unless of course, that's what you were doing in the first place.

brian1037

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2013
Press CMD + N to open a new finder window and position it where you would like it on your display. It should open in the same place the next time you open a new finder window, or at least that's how it's always worked for me. Unless of course, that's what you were doing in the first place.

Hey thanks for the advice but it didn't work. I force restarted it and it started working again normally. Probably should've done that before posting here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.