Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Did you get to the page that's in my screenshot a few posts back? See how I have the nav bar set to 0%

Edit: yeah I didn't think it was related to buying their app.

Lava Lamp Freak

macrumors 68000
Jun 1, 2006
My local T-Mobile store has them in stock now. I'm tempted to buy one so I don't have to keep waiting for Google to have them in stock, but I bet that as soon as I do that they'll be available immediately online.

Lava Lamp Freak

macrumors 68000
Jun 1, 2006
I went to the store and looked at it, and I am in love. White actually looks white, which is a big deal to me. So far, the iPhone 5 is the only phone I've looked at that has a screen that can display a white that looks right.

My 4S looks too blue, AMOLED looks blue, and all of the other phones with IPS screens look yellow.

Then you can just return it

They charge a $50 restocking fee. Also, the salesman told me it would be locked to T-Mobile. I'm just going to wait for Google to have them in stock again.

Now that I've seen it I'll have an even harder time waiting.

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
I went to the store and looked at it, and I am in love. White actually looks white, which is a big deal to me. So far, the iPhone 5 is the only phone I've looked at that has a screen that can display a white that looks right.

My 4S looks too blue, AMOLED looks blue, and all of the other phones with IPS screens look yellow.

They charge a $50 restocking fee. Also, the salesman told me it would be locked to T-Mobile. I'm just going to wait for Google to have them in stock again.

Now that I've seen it I'll have an even harder time waiting.

I'm thinking he may be incorrect regarding the handset being locked. To my knowledge, no GSM nexus devices have ever been locked to a single carrier.

Lava Lamp Freak

macrumors 68000
Jun 1, 2006
I called Google Play support and was told that they should be available for purchase by the end of the month, and it will be immediately available for shipping at the time of order.

Lava Lamp Freak

macrumors 68000
Jun 1, 2006
Does the stock email app have pinch to zoom now? I know that Gmail was updated, but can't find any info about the stock email app.

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-01-16-20-02-51.png
    Screenshot_2013-01-16-20-02-51.png
    122.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_2013-01-16-20-03-01.png
    Screenshot_2013-01-16-20-03-01.png
    140.8 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

strausd

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
Texas
Does the stock email app have pinch to zoom now? I know that Gmail was updated, but can't find any info about the stock email app.

I use K9, regarded by many as the best email client. And while it technicially has pinch to zoom, you can't zoom out all the way on any email with a picture in it. It is the most annoying thing about my phone.

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
I love my nexus very good device really fast and i have great battery life two
The Nexus 4 is indeed a truly great phone. I'm hoping that the significant successes of current top tier Android phones like the Note 2, Galaxy S 3 & Nexus 4 will inspire Apple to eventually build a similar phone.

At the current slow pace Apple seems to prefer, the next phone will be called 5S with only modest improvements and the same narrow screen I'm currently living with on my iPhone 5.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Anyone else using AOSPA with the new Pie mode? It really ,makes this thing shine

I gave up on PA after 2 days because of terrible battery life compared to CM and AOKP so I went back to CM. Apparently there's a build of AOKP that has their version of a hiding nav bar but theres you slide down or up for the nav bar.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
To anyone rooted: you have to install these 2 apps! They give you the pie bar which you can have show up on the left, right or bottom of the screen and the other app hides the Nav bar. Only root needed and its as easy as installing 2 apps.

[APP] LMT Launcher v1.7 for GNex/Nexus4/Nexus7/GSIII/HD2 and more... (ROOT) - xda-developers - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1330150

【DoubleX】make yourGN fullscreen apk!【support4.1】 - xda-developers - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1497558

jeby2ejy.jpg

turuqasa.jpg

utasygyg.jpg

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
Who keeps pressing things with their palms when using it one handed?

I do.

I find the S3 easier to use one handed because it's so flat, even though it's slightly bigger.

The Nexus 4 is too thick. :T

There are things I'm really beginning to dislike about the N4. Especially with 4.2 being so buggy. The camera still sucks, and and the camera software is slow.

Might look to the S4.

The Nexus line, lately, has lost its luster. I think this is a combination of TouchWiz's rise, and Google messing up and putting out buggy software.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Who keeps pressing things with their palms when using it one handed?

I do.

I find the S3 easier to use one handed because it's so flat, even though it's slightly bigger.

The Nexus 4 is too thick. :T

There are things I'm really beginning to dislike about the N4. Especially with 4.2 being so buggy. The camera still sucks, and and the camera software is slow.

Might look to the S4.

The Nexus line, lately, has lost its luster. I think this is a combination of TouchWiz's rise, and Google messing up and putting out buggy software.

This I would have never seen coming.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.