Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yougotcarved

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 13, 2012
So my iMac just changed to preparing for shipment (wooo!). How long does this phase typically last for? Am I in for another 2 week wait before shipping or will it be sooner than that? Share your experience!

lukeniknak

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2013
What imac did you order and when? Im still waiting for mine to finish processing haha.... im sure itll only take less than a day though.

Yougotcarved

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 13, 2012
What imac did you order and when? Im still waiting for mine to finish processing haha.... im sure itll only take less than a day though.

I ordered:

27 inch
3.4Ghz i7
1TB Fusion
680MX
8Gb RAM (got 32Gb Crucial on my office shelf :D)

I ordered it at night on the 3rd January, so I think I'm lucky its prepping so soon!

Simonbgraphik

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2013
I'm in same boat, mine has gone to preparing for shipping this morning . I ordered mine on the 4th jan a normal 27 inch base model.

forty2j

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
NJ
Preparing to Shipped was about 36 hours for me, and that was over a weekend.

Shipped to Delivered was 5 days, including the day FedEx came and left without dropping it off for lack of signature.

DrewDaHilp1

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2009
All Your Memes Are Belong to US

I think you might be wishful thinking, I'm on day 6 of processing. Ordered 27" BTO on the 12th.
•3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
•8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
•3TB Fusion Drive
•NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5

Estimated Delivery Feb 11-19

lukeniknak

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2013
I think you might be wishful thinking, I'm on day 6 of processing. Ordered 27" BTO on the 12th.
•8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
•3TB Fusion Drive

i ordered mine on the 12th too lol my estimated is 24th-29th jan

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
So my iMac just changed to preparing for shipment (wooo!). How long does this phase typically last for? Am I in for another 2 week wait before shipping or will it be sooner than that? Share your experience!

Whenever I order an Apple product, when the order status changes from "processing" to "preparing for shipment", a disclaimer states that the order can no longer be cancelled. In my experience, items have shipped within the next several business days once the status changes to "preparing for shipment."

large farva

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2013
Melbourne, FL
nope, just the standard free shipping. kinda wish i did express now because i want it :(

I don't think express shipping would make all that big of a difference. Because I chose Standard free shipping for mine. But out of curiosity I clicked "express" shipping or whatever it what, and my estimated delivery date went from Jan 7th-14th, to Jan 6th-13th. I re-selected Standard shipping, because one day sooner isn't worth $30 dollars to me, lol.

----------

What are the specs on your iMac? I placed my order on the 10th, in the morning, so hopefully mine will go to Preparing for Shipment in 6 days. That would be great. My quoted delivery dates are Feb. 7th - 14th, but if it goes to Preparing for Shipment in 6 days, maybe I might get it sooner. Maybe because Apple has been catching up with their iMac builds and shipments more now in January and items are going to ship a little earlier than quoted? That would be great.

Yougotcarved

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 13, 2012
Shipped earlier this afternoon wooo!

What are the specs on your iMac? I placed my order on the 10th, in the morning, so hopefully mine will go to Preparing for Shipment in 6 days. That would be great. My quoted delivery dates are Feb. 7th - 14th, but if it goes to Preparing for Shipment in 6 days, maybe I might get it sooner. Maybe because Apple has been catching up with their iMac builds and shipments more now in January and items are going to ship a little earlier than quoted? That would be great.

My specs are:

27 inch
i7 3.4Ghz
1Tb Fusion
680MX 2GB
8GB RAM

Hope that helps!

large farva

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2013
Melbourne, FL
Shipped earlier this afternoon wooo!

My specs are:

27 inch
i7 3.4Ghz
1Tb Fusion
680MX 2GB
8GB RAM

Hope that helps!

So we have somewhat similar set ups. Of course, with the iMac, you don't have a HUGE selection to choose from when configuring your computer. Mine has one less component to be added to it, but that has nothing to do with when they actually get to it, I don't think. Sheesh, knowing my luck, they will choose to build the more maxed out ones first and save the others till later. Hah, the lack of a Fusion Drive would hold me back 2-3 weeks, lol.

WizardHunt

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada USA
Wow I am glad to see a Prepared for Shipping Thread finally. Here's my setup

I ordered: On Jan 15th around Noon PST USA

•8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB (plan to go to 32GB)
•3TB 7200 RPM Drive (No Fusion)

Judging by things so far listed in this thread I can guess mine may go to Prepared for shipment around 29th or 30th if I am lucky. I did pay for
express shipping hoping they might put some priority onto it but I had to try.
Who knows I may get it sooner than Feb 11, 2013.

RPhoto

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2010
Surrey, UK
My fully loaded (with exception of having stock ram) was ordered on 21st Dec and has just gone in to preparing for shipment. Be nice to get it in the next week or so!

KrasHr

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2013

From the spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlEmmsf8GxV9dE1EQnFzWGpidFduY1Qxb2ZYUFZTQ2c#gid=0 , the wait from Preparing for shipping to shipped is usually 1-2 days (sometimes same day), with the rare occurrence of a day or 2 more.

Anyways, my 1/1/2013 order has gone to Preparing for shipment, so I expect to have my iMac on this desk pretty soon. I can't wait.

Last edited:

davidfinchley

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2012
London UK
I am in the UK. I ordered on 30 November, I was quoted 3-4 weeks and it arrived on 28 December. 4 weeks to the day. I rang Apple and tried to sweet talk them into shipping faster, but, as expected, they said they could not expedite a BTO of a highest end 27" even though I explained that I had bought two Ipad minis in December as well and could they look after such a good customer!

However, they did give me a credit of £50 for not having my machine to me in three weeks. That was nice of them.

large farva

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2013
Melbourne, FL
Thats pretty cool of them to credit you $50. Cause technically you had it when they said you would. Im hoping that maybe because some of the orders have been caught up some, the January orders will ship a little earlier than quoted? Judging by the guy who started this thread's order, that might be the case.

Also it would really help if I got mine sooner because the computer I've been using has ***** the bed. Worked perfectly last night, but I go to turn it on this morning and nothing. Tower still acts as if its booting up with the lights and all but nothing on the monitor and the monitors on, cables are fine. I'm thinking its age finially got the better of it.

EKV113

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2012
From the spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlEmmsf8GxV9dE1EQnFzWGpidFduY1Qxb2ZYUFZTQ2c#gid=0 , the wait from Preparing for shipping to shipped is usually 1-2 days (sometimes same day), with the rare occurrence of a day or 2 more.

Anyways, my 1/1/2013 order has gone to Preparing for shipment, so I expect to have my iMac on this desk pretty soon. I can't wait.

My order took just over two days to switch from preparing to switched (just changed this morning), but it looks like it has already started shipping out, since the tracking info says it has already left Shanghai - delivery estimated of next Friday (the 25).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.