Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

phillies1again

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2012
When you two both got hired for Volt and Kelly Services did you know specifically ahead of time that you would be taking calls for Apple? Also did you know about working for Apple directly at the time you were trying to get hired for Volt and Kelly?

I knew I would be taking calls for Apple but at the time I didnt
Know you could apply to Apple directly.

phillies1again

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2012
Being an employee for a company that does sub-contracting for Apple would you be eligible to work directly with Apple or would that be considered as some form of a conflict of interest?

On a few pages back I remember it getting mentioned that you use iLog. If that is so, then when I review previous case notes does it show up as you guys being a T1 AHA iOS / CPU or something different?

Do you also have have access to view internal pages within the Apple firewall and connect into the Apple VDN?

----------

Right, that's exactly the issue. I do use I log and my case notes would show as T1 AHA IOS.
Yes we do have access to internal pages but we actually connect to a Kelly VPN specific to the
Apple at home project.

jen2k13

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2013
whewww just passed second interview with apple..was sooo nervous...im supposed to be getting some kind of email to set up third one..does that usually take awhile?

SweetTart

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2013
First post here, I've been reading all the posts from page 1 so far, about to start rereading soon...I applied for the AHA job in late November, early December, got my questionnaire email on December 10th, Recruiter called mid-December to set up an interview for January 17th..Hopefully I'll be in the March class!

I just wanted to say that it is really nice to see such a helpful group of people supporting others.

I got the HireRight background check email today.
I hope this means I'll be getting an offer soon :confused:

I interviewed with hiring mgr Monday for full-time, CPU for March training.

SweetTart

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2013
I hit the 4 month mark as well and no, the job isn't hard but that's one of the problems... it's not a technical challenge, it's a people skills challenge. I have very little patience with people and employ very little empathy on the job but still have very high csats. As I mentioned in an earlier post, most of the people calling in look for technical competence not "fluff" as one of my customers put it.

My manage said I could apply for other openings since I have more than 60 days actual OTJ time and I may do just that. There's a job opening for an iLog Beta tester(or iLag as I call it) that just came in and even though I'm not fond of iLog the job is more in line with my background in software and databases.

AG you sound a lot like me as far as tech knowledge, networking and background in software and databases. Everything you're saying scares me so I hope it's much different in CPU than iOS. As I mentioned in another post I have received my background check email after interviewing for full-time CPU position starting in March.

If I get the job I sure hope it will be a good fit for me, I need a job now, any job is better than none but I don't want to be another "AngryGerbil" in a few months :mad: hating my job just waiting it out to be able to apply for another position at Apple or looking for a job with another company altogether!!

What's the latest on your situation?

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012
AG you sound a lot like me as far as tech knowledge, networking and background in software and databases. Everything you're saying scares me so I hope it's much different in CPU than iOS. As I mentioned in another post I have received my background check email after interviewing for full-time CPU position starting in March.

If I get the job I sure hope it will be a good fit for me, I need a job now, any job is better than none but I don't want to be another "AngryGerbil" in a few months :mad: hating my job just waiting it out to be able to apply for another position at Apple or looking for a job with another company altogether!!

What's the latest on your situation?

Right now I'm trying to get information on how to shift out of iOS and into CPU or another tech oriented queue. Since our manager is a recent hire as well he/she does not have a lot of info with regards to moving laterally within AHA.

As far as the job itself - My patience with novice users and snarky 15 year olds is beginning to wear thin but that's mostly due to being on 2nd shift. After 9 PM I lose some of my inimitable charm :p But even if I go back on 20 hour per week day shifts I don't see lasting more than another month or two. I'd much rather commute to a job that I enjoy than sit on the phone at home and deal with Apple ID passwords and "unauthorized" app store charges.

roger306

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2012
Has anyone on here ever had a recruiter call for the first time and do a "mini interview" and not schedule a facetime call but tell you they were going to review it over and would get back to you in a day or two?

Shark232

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2013
Same here! Had my 3rd interview Monday via FaceTime and received the background check email a day later. I will be in the March training. ^_^

LivnLuvnit

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2012
Has anyone on here ever had a recruiter call for the first time and do a "mini interview" and not schedule a facetime call but tell you they were going to review it over and would get back to you in a day or two?

I'm on the same boat...got the call last week and now im nervous, scared, whatever word u can think of wish someone would provide SOME INFO on this instead of ignoring US!!

macrobatt

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2012
I'm on the same boat...got the call last week and now im nervous, scared, whatever word u can think of wish someone would provide SOME INFO on this instead of ignoring US!!

Not that i have seen in the thread and in my experience from the "mini" interview I had a scheduled interview before the end of the call. I know its not what you wanted to hear but there still may be a chance.:(
Remember as so many have said on the thread before no news is good news

Last edited:

explorerbear

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2013
I just had my first facetime interview last week, went really well. Helps that I'm already an Apple employee at a retail store. I did a search of this thread and I didn't see an answer to this question: In the stores, we are allowed to choose which weekend day we have off. Is that true for this position as well? Or do you have no say in which weekend day you get off?

hkonger

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2013
March training class

For those who are waiting for the March training class, do you know when it will start exactly?

I have been advised they have room for me in the March training class for full-time, but I have a trip planned from 20-26 that is going to be a bit hard to back out of. Does anyone have any experience with asking to be rescheduled for a later training?

If all else fails, I'll back out of my trip for this job, but flexibility would be nice.

Also, how is Apple's time off/vacation policy?

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012
I just had my first facetime interview last week, went really well. Helps that I'm already an Apple employee at a retail store. I did a search of this thread and I didn't see an answer to this question: In the stores, we are allowed to choose which weekend day we have off. Is that true for this position as well? Or do you have no say in which weekend day you get off?

The answer is yes and no. As a noob in AHA you can request a specific weekend day off but there's certainly no guarantee you'll get it. It all boils down to what their staffing needs are, not what your preferences are. After you get some months under your belt you'll get a better shot at getting specific days off when shift bids become available.

ios7

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2013
At the end of my second interview the recruiter mentioned the third interview lasting between 45 minutes to 1 hour. Is that normal? I've scoured this thread from beginning to end and have not read that.

I was also told that it could be up to 6 days before I know if they want to schedule me for a final interview or not. I used to laugh at you guys getting all worked up and checking your email like crazy....now I've become that person! :eek:

macrobatt

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2012
At the end of my second interview the recruiter mentioned the third interview lasting between 45 minutes to 1 hour. Is that normal? I've scoured this thread from beginning to end and have not read that.

I was also told that it could be up to 6 days before I know if they want to schedule me for a final interview or not. I used to laugh at you guys getting all worked up and checking your email like crazy....now I've become that person! :eek:
took less than 24 hours for me to get the email to schedule the 3rd interview. also was told the same thing as far as length of time for the last interview...... there are a few posts that indicate that it lasted about 45 min.

I was a wreck after the second interview all i heard was the words i was dreading you'll hear something by tuesday. i though oh well i blew it. but low and behold next morning i got the go ahead email

Last edited:

ios7

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2013
took less than 24 hours for me to get the email to schedule the 3rd interview. also was told the same thing as far as length of time for the last interview...... there are a few posts that indicate that it lasted about 45 min.

I was a wreck after the second interview all i heard was the words i was dreading you'll hear something by tuesday. i though oh well i blew it. but low and behold next morning i got the go ahead email

Ah! That is reassuring, thank you. I was told the same "you'll her something by Wednesday." and I felt a lump form in my throat.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Nov 17, 2012
PA
Depends if you count the recruiter random call to start the process. Then another recruiter will call and a little more in depth. Then last but not least you'll speak with a team manager who really has the final say on you.

Two of them are phone interviews?!

----------

Wow, yeah I think my first FaceTime interview lasted about that long I really didn't pay attention I was paying attention to make sure 9mth old couldn't be heard in the other room.

They gave you a FaceTime interview? Sounds extremely unprofessional to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.