Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Qonix

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
I'm looking for a good one.. 150$ max.

I was thinking at Logitech MX550.. I was to buy it but then I read that is not Mac compatible... Is it true? WHAT A SHAME!

Alternatives?

laryenhilllvr

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2012
NYC
have you consider the ones by apple? i'm not sure exactly, but i doubt they would cost more than $150 together and i'm certain if you look through amazon you will find it for less.

Qonix

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
have you consider the ones by apple? i'm not sure exactly, but i doubt they would cost more than $150 together and i'm certain if you look through amazon you will find it for less.

i have them but i want something else

OneSon

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2013
I'm having a nightmare finding a mouse that works in Mac OSX as it does in Windows. Tried three logitech mice so far and not one of them is satisfactory. Maybe try a Microsoft mouse.

Arman

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2008
SoCal
Can you explain what you are looking for specifically? Gaming? Wireless, Bluetooth, Solar charging?

I have the Logitech K760 and I find it's pretty great. As far as mouse, have you tried the Magic trackpad?

jstnlzr

macrumors regular
Dec 25, 2012
Space Coast
Can you explain what you are looking for specifically? Gaming? Wireless, Bluetooth, Solar charging?

I have the Logitech K760 and I find it's pretty great. As far as mouse, have you tried the Magic trackpad?

I agree with this, great set of tools!

yanksno1

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2012
Logitech Performance Mouse MX and Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K750 for Mac. You'll be very happy with both.

OneSon

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2013
I use the Logitech Performance MX mouse and it works fine with macs

What version of Mac do you have installed? And what software are you using to drive the mouse? LCC?

I have tried this mouse with LCC and with steermouse in Mountain Lion and the tracking is terrible.

MacAlien

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2012
Boston
Tried without installing Logitech software? I think there's only been one mouse where I actually used the software in the last 15 years. I dunno if Logitech's LCC has improved or not. It used to be pretty buggy.

yanksno1

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2012
Yeah, I installed Logitech's software for both mouses and no problems at all for me (on both Lion and Mountain Lion). Love the extra buttons, works great with Mission Control.

Qonix

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
Yeah, I installed Logitech's software for both mouses and no problems at all for me (on both Lion and Mountain Lion). Love the extra buttons, works great with Mission Control.

do u have mx550?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.