Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michaelfields

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2010
From Singapore.

Bummer for me. Awesome for you though haha.

Them not releasing this in the US is a dumb move. I wonder what the reasoning is? I'd buy it without hesitation if it wasn't so damn expensive to pay that much for it plus the ridiculous shipping costs.

MarkCooz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
California
Bummer for me. Awesome for you though haha.

Them not releasing this in the US is a dumb move. I wonder what the reasoning is? I'd buy it without hesitation if it wasn't so damn expensive to pay that much for it plus the ridiculous shipping costs.

It'll probably still cost $30+ if it was sold here in the US
I got it cause. I know for sure that my friends doesn't have this exact same case, since It's imported from Japan. Unless they bought it from the same seller i got it from lol.

I honestly think it's worth the buy if you want a slick/simplistic case

michaelfields

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2010
It'll probably still cost $30+ if it was sold here in the US
I got it cause. I know for sure that my friends doesn't have this exact same case, since It's imported from Japan. Unless they bought it from the same seller i got it from lol.

I honestly think it's worth the buy if you want a slick/simplistic case

I just like it because it doesn't take away from the phone. I could care less what anyone else has.

The point was exactly what you said, if it were here it'd cost like 30 bucks. Instead it's almost 50, plus high shipping cost. 60 bucks is way too much to spend on a bumper when there are plenty of others for less than 1/3 of that price.

I still want it, just having a hard time convincing myself it's worth it. Especially when you can get a caze thinedge that looks extremely similar for 22 bucks with free shipping.

Mcflip78

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2010
I just like it because it doesn't take away from the phone. I could care less what anyone else has.

The point was exactly what you said, if it were here it'd cost like 30 bucks. Instead it's almost 50, plus high shipping cost. 60 bucks is way too much to spend on a bumper when there are plenty of others for less than 1/3 of that price.

I still want it, just having a hard time convincing myself it's worth it. Especially when you can get a caze thinedge that looks extremely similar for 22 bucks with free shipping.

Just got this bumper the other day from http://chuwajapanimports.wazala.com/
Came in the mail 2 days ago. Surprised it got here to the states in just a few days. Pretty quick shipping if you ask me

Honestly, this will probably be the last case I buy for the 5 and I've used the SGP Slim armor and Neo Hybrid EX Metal bumper. I paid 58 bucks total and that includes shipping. I think it's worth it. I got the black color and it's almost an exact color match to the black color of the iPhone. It's got a sleek design and it's really slim. It's a snug fit and you wont have the issue of it slipping off like I had with the Spigen bumper.

leinadhok

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2013
Can you tell me the exact place where you got or any other place at singapore where i can get this ? I am visiting singapore next week, so i can pick one for myself.

I got mine from Tech@Vogue at Serangoon Nex Mall. Where exactly will you be staying when visiting Singapore? Central area?

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
If this has not already been posted...

To improve power button responsiveness, place the stickers on the button itself rather than on the inside of the case. If you carefully cut on of the rectangles in half along the long axis and place 2 on the button, one on top of each other, then install the case, it works much better.

My 2 cents. Still love this case. Waiting for the blue one!

MarkCooz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
California
Nope, still shows $58

To make things clear from now on. The code "Gadgetmac" and or "THATTECHSHOW" is taking $15 off shipping, and not the item itself.

Since it's shipping from Japan and being shipped to another country. Shipping of course is gonna cost a lot. So the code takes of $15 off the shipping... total cost would be $58 compared to $73+

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
To make things clear from now on. The code "Gadgetmac" and or "THATTECHSHOW" is taking $15 off shipping, and not the item itself.

Since it's shipping from Japan and being shipped to another country. Shipping of course is gonna cost a lot. So the code takes of $15 off the shipping... total cost would be $58 compared to $73+

Ahh okay, thanks.

kampongkid

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2012
The point was exactly what you said, if it were here it'd cost like 30 bucks. Instead it's almost 50.

the air jacket is 2680¥ and the bumper is 3280¥ in japan. considering the air jacket is $39.99 here, it'd probably cost closer to the $50 range.

Grayburn

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
England
I might just buy an air jacket. Can't see myself dropping $60 for a bumper

I prefer the Air Jacket (i have 2) over the Flat Bumper. As soon as i put the FB on my iPhone i knew i didn't like the feel of it and it felt uncomfortable like the Spigen Neo Hybrid Ex.
It looked great dont get me wrong but the Air Jackets are so much better in my opinion.

Sold my FB at a loss (paid £65.00 for it, sold for £38.50) on eBay but it's better then leaving it sat in a draw.

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
I prefer the Air Jacket (i have 2) over the Flat Bumper. As soon as i put the FB on my iPhone i knew i didn't like the feel of it and it felt uncomfortable like the Spigen Neo Hybrid Ex.
It looked great dont get me wrong but the Air Jackets are so much better in my opinion.

Sold my FB at a loss (paid £65.00 for it, sold for £38.50) on eBay but it's better then leaving it sat in a draw.

Did the sides of it feel slippery? The best way to describe it is the mophie air case sides

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
I might just buy an air jacket. Can't see myself dropping $60 for a bumper

If it comes to the U.S., I want to try it. I think it looks great with the PSFB case. However, with looking great... I would like functionality and feel also. I would rather pay $50 (free ship + 2day) through amazon to give the FB case a try. At least... if I don't like it, I can get most of my money back selling it. What keeps me from purchasing FB now... for $10 to $20 more... is because of my PS black air jacket. My iPhone 5 looks sexy with the air jacket and it feels great... so I'm fine with it. If the FB case never is never sold in the U.S., then I'm fine keeping it the way it is. If it comes to the U.S., I'll buy it for sure. I've spent more than $70 on a case before (lifeproof), but at least there was more functionality to the case than a bumper.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.