Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Geminist

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2012
Hi all

I have an ip5 and for some reason my wifi signal on the phone has been very weak.

I tried a reset on the connection and that didn't work. When in trying to connect on the wifi menu, it shows full wifi signal.

I've also checked my iPad and MBA and both have got stronger signal.

Anyone has any ideas?

Many thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 339

Geminist

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2012
Thanks.

Yep most up to date.

Unfortunately I can't as I'm in a hotel at the moment. Checking the signal on my Mac and iPad in the same location, my phone is only showing a bar whilst my Mac and iPad shows full signal.

This is weird...

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Thanks.

Yep most up to date.

Unfortunately I can't as I'm in a hotel at the moment. Checking the signal on my Mac and iPad in the same location, my phone is only showing a bar whilst my Mac and iPad shows full signal.

This is weird...
Check again at other locations like a Starbucks and again at home. If you feel the WiFi signal strength is still an issue then bring it to an Apple Store and tell them about your comparisons and such. If there is really an issue you should be able to get a warranty replacement on the phone.

Geminist

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2012
Thanks for the help.

Tried restarting the phone a couple of time and by some sheer luck, problem resolved :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.