Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Toscano

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2013
Hi!

I need something to help me create diagram animations for my company, much like the ones that I've seen at this website ( http://explanimation.net/gallery/ ).
No need for expensive and complicated 3D/4D modelling capabilities or stuff like that.
Just looking for a simple software that allows me to create those kind of diagram animations and produce a final video that I could then post on our company's website/YouTube/socials, etc.

Some people tell me about Motion, others about After Effects.

What would you recommend for a beginner like me that is not overtly interested in becoming a professional animator, but mainly wants to get the job done with a minimum amount of hassle?

Thanks!

Best regards.

Andre'

Nov 28, 2010
located
Motion is the way to go, it does not break the bank and is quite powerful, and there are lots of tutorials for it out there.

The Biomass video for example uses different layers in 3D (easily accomplished within Motion), thus the depth perception.

Toscano

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2013
Motion is the way to go, it does not break the bank and is quite powerful, and there are lots of tutorials for it out there.

The Biomass video for example uses different layers in 3D (easily accomplished within Motion), thus the depth perception.

Thanks!
I will try Motion and see how I get along with it.

Best regards.

Andre'

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.