Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trevork22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2010
I tried to replace the glass on my own and when I put it back together, the lcd doesn't turn on. Any suggestions?

iFixYouri

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2010
I tried to replace the glass on my own and when I put it back together, the lcd doesn't turn on. Any suggestions?

Disconnect the board from the battery. Re-assemble. Turn back on.

You probably left the power on when taking the screen out. LCD won't get power back on unless you do this.

Good luck! Let us know if you need any more help/details.

trevork22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2010
thank you for your reply. I'm not sure how to disconnect the mother board from the battery if you are able to explain or lead me to a site with instructions... thanks

jfish1288

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2010
I have had a similar problem. I replaced my lcd screen. Everything related to the screen worked fine but the proximity sensors were not working. I figured it was just a poor connection so I took the phone apart and reconnected the ribbons. I did this without disconnecting the battery and the battery was charged about 8o%. When I turned it back on the lcd screen worked but was VERY dim. Have I shorted something out? Is there a solution to this problem? Any ideas?

DEE9299

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2009
Boston Mass.
thank you for your reply. I'm not sure how to disconnect the mother board from the battery if you are able to explain or lead me to a site with instructions... thanks

remove the glass and lcd like you did when changing your screen. Now take the bottom part of the phone and remove all 8 screws on the edge of the board. There is a screw underneath the DO NOT REMOVE sticker and near the camera. Unplug the #4-6 cables and lift up carefully the board from the bottom about an inch or so(just enough to lose contact with the battery terminals). Now put it all re-assemble the phone and you should be Ok

wiammaren

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2013
I'm not sure how to disconnect the mother board from the battery if you are able to explain or lead me to a site with instructions
a15

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.