Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

quickmac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 22, 2011
I have a mid-2009 15 inch Macbook Pro I'm thinking of selling.

I'm trying to get a gauge on how much it's worth. According to Mac2Sell it's around $1,200. But I imagine a more realistic price will be lower so trying to get an estimate on it.

The specs:
Mid-2009 15 inch aluminum unibody
2.8 Core 2 Duo
8GB DDR3 Crucial RAm
256GB Crucial SSD hard drive
OSX Mountain Lion

Includes all original documentation, original discs, original box, Apple charger with extension cable, and an Apple remote.

Everything is in working order and the laptop is in like new condition. The battery is only about a year old and the Superdrive is only about 6-7 months old.

How much would it go for?

NOTE: I am not making an offer to sell. I am merely looking for pricing advice on how much I could list this item for.

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2012
I would say....

$850-1000 tops. No cosmetic/functional issues can help in the price, but also helps good care of the machine.

If selling through an online site factor in shipping costs/fees. And, IMHO, the second-hand market is price driven, with too many potential buyers seeking deals/low costs equipment. Not so many people appreaciate the hardware upgrades and want to pay for them.

:):apple:

quickmac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 22, 2011
$850-1000 tops. No cosmetic/functional issues can help in the price, but also helps good care of the machine.

If selling through an online site factor in shipping costs/fees. And, IMHO, the second-hand market is price driven, with too many potential buyers seeking deals/low costs equipment. Not so many people appreaciate the hardware upgrades and want to pay for them.

:):apple:

Awesome thanks! That price range should cover the cost of my new laptop nicely.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.