Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Troneas

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
At the alternatives section.
my biggest gripe about smartphones is not the battery - its how some people live their lives around them - and most specifically some of my friends (i dont really care about the rest of humanity).

whether i go to a cafe, a cinema, a friend's house there is always a moment someone will be hooked on their device.

robanga

macrumors 68000
Aug 25, 2007
Oregon
I dislike the headaches with cars but i am not about to ride a bicycle everywhere. And don't get me started on horses - they are cute but require a lot of cleanup :)

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
I want the ability to use my iPad Mini with Retina when it comes out as a Phablet. I like the iPhone but I have more use for the iPad Mini as a day to day device. I do not use the phone much, mostly text, emails, web so this would be perfect for me, not sure Apple will ever do this though.

thehustleman

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2013
I just hate the battery life problem. Which is another reason every top tier phone should d have a replaceable battery.

I've used iphones, evos, Droids , galaxy S 's, ones, lumias, pl Windows and aside from the droid RAZR MAXX series, that's the only phone that lasts a full day without recharging under heavy use.

Unless you count the phones that don't do much like blackberry or palm Centro.

All this innovation in smartphones, so any new features but no day long batteries.

Has it improved? Yes.

Had an evo 4g for a while and while it was a great phone for its day (first 4g phone, first phone with a FFC, first phone to introduce video calling to the masses, but one huge drawback - battery life was terrible even with a custom rom.

I was getting 6 hours when the phone was new, then after the first year between 1 and 2 hours. (realized later HTC is just terrible with battery capacity after the first year) and I had to walk around with 5 batteries and an external charger all day to keep y phone working.

I had an iphone 4 alongside it with AT&FEE and while I got better battery life by far, I couldn't keep a signal (I'm sure you all remember the antenna situation and instead of apologizing for their faux paux jobs made excuses "you're holding it wrong"

Overall at that time I was happier with iPhone than android but i still kept both because I liked the customization of Android and the battery life of iphone.

Battery life has improved but not nearly enough

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
I was going make a nice polite comment to the OP about cases that incorporate an extra battery, they sell for as little as $20 these days.

But then I looked at the date and just have to give all the recent posts a :rolleyes:.

isephmusic

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2012
get a note 2 from samsung. last like a day and half with medium use. an entire day under heavy. u just got to plug it in at night when u go sleep thats it. then u have a phone and a tablet at the same time. its not for everyone but the ones that its for... use the hell out of it and live by it xD

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
Not tired at all of smartphones..

However, completely sick and tired of carriers screwing us over because of smartphones.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
I'd say more tired of the way companies are finding to suck even more money out of my wallet.

They are getting more adept at getting us to pay for monthly services all the time.

At least the organ banks aren't tied to the debit cards in the US yet.

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
Looking forward to upgrading to this smartphone.

picture.php

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
I had a blackberry 9650 and the battery DID NOT last a full day. I tried everything, didn't work. My iPhone lasts better than that (when it's not draining on standby).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.