Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smoledman

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 17, 2011
Simple enough question, but I can't find anything on Google about it.

^^ CoolMacLover

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2009
On A Apple
If they are on your simcard you should be able to just put it into your iPhone (if the sim is the right size) and import them. Other than that, I remember trying to export contacts from a W7.something Phone and there was no easy "Export" even though in the update their apparently was one.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Simple enough question, but I can't find anything on Google about it.

I am not familiar with Windows Phone OS, but look for a way to export the contacts in a VCF file format. That file can just be emailed to the iPhone and clicked to import.

If you are syncing your contacts to GMail or live.com you can export the contacts in a VCF file from those services.

Subu

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2013
I am not familiar with Windows Phone OS, but look for a way to export the contacts in a VCF file format. That file can just be emailed to the iPhone and clicked to import.

If you are syncing your contacts to GMail or live.com you can export the contacts in a VCF file from those services.

I have a related question

I have my contacts in a csv (comma separated value) file

How do I convert that into a VCF or V card File

thanks in advance

smoledman

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 17, 2011
I have a related question

I have my contacts in a csv (comma separated value) file

How do I convert that into a VCF or V card File

thanks in advance

Yes I'd like to know that too. Outlook 2010 does not have an export to VCF/VCard option.

dgr874

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2012
Texas
Why not just sign in with your exchange account on your iphone? You could have it sync with your outlook account and then link any duplicate contacts you have.

smoledman

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 17, 2011
Why not just sign in with your exchange account on your iphone? You could have it sync with your outlook account and then link any duplicate contacts you have.

Really that works? That would be cool. I still want to keep my Windows contacts.

Subu

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2013
Yes I'd like to know that too. Outlook 2010 does not have an export to VCF/VCard option.

open a new gmail account
import CSV contacts into gmail
export out of gmail, choose VCF format
for more just google

regards

dgr874

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2012
Texas
Really that works? That would be cool. I still want to keep my Windows contacts.

Yup, works for me. I have copies of my contacts in icloud and outlook.com. They are both linked together and show up as one contact. When I update information, it updates both contacts.

I go back and forth from an iphone 5 to a windows phone so I have two sets of everything.

smoledman

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 17, 2011
Yup, works for me. I have copies of my contacts in icloud and outlook.com. They are both linked together and show up as one contact. When I update information, it updates both contacts.

I go back and forth from an iphone 5 to a windows phone so I have two sets of everything.

Doesn't Exchange mean your corporate email account? I'm talking about Hotmail/Outlook.

wiliswene

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2013
You could have it sync with your outlook account and then link any duplicate contacts you have.
a17.jpg

DiannaRiley

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2015
My way to transfer Windows Phone contacts to iPhone:
tap "Settings" in the App list and then "Email + accounts". If you're running Windows Phone 8, tap "Add an account" > "Google". Enter your email address and password and then tap "Sign in" > "Accept". After that, you can transfer contacts from Lumia to iPhone 4s via syncing. On your iPhone, you can do the settings as followed.
Tap "Settings" while on the home screen
Scroll to and tap "Mail, Contacts , Calendars"
Under "Accounts" tap "Add account"
Select "Other"
Under "Contacts", tap "Add CardDAV Account" to sync your Google contacts
Enter "google.com" in the "Server" field
Type in your Google account's username and password in the proper fields
Enter the account name in the "Description" field
Tap "Next"
To synchronize Google Calendar, tap "Add account"
Tap "Other"
Under "Calendars", tap "Add CalDAV Account"
Enter "google.com" in the "Server" field
Type in your Gmail address' username, password and description in the appropriate fields
Tap "Next"
Select to sync "Calendars" and / or "Reminders"
Tap "Save"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.