Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Electa

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 11, 2012
What a pleasant surprise.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    561.9 KB · Views: 849

Shadyriley

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2009
Why do that when you can just hold down the little plus sign?
You've never accidentally closed a tab?

Yes i have then i go to my history. All it does is pull up your search history, you can get to your history just as fast by pushing the book then the clock. Takes 2 seconds. It's not a shortcut, just another way of doing it.

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
Yes i have then i go to my history. All it does is pull up your search history, you can get to your history just as fast by pushing the book then the clock. Takes 2 seconds. It's not a shortcut, just another way of doing it.
They are not the same. Say you have 2 tabs open, A and B. You browse exclusively on tab A for half an hour. Then you close tab B. You want to get back to B again. It's not at the top of your history, but it will be at the top of recently closed tabs.

Shadyriley

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2009
They are not the same. Say you have 2 tabs open, A and B. You browse exclusively on tab A for half an hour. Then you close tab B. You want to get back to B again. It's not at the top of your history, but it will be at the top of recently closed tabs.

It's still in your history though. My point to the OP was there was always a way to access a closed tab before this shortcut.

wknapp0924

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
Honolulu, HI
I was referring to the op calling it a shortcut

What OP is telling us is a shortcut, thank you for that now I don't have to go the LONG way through my history. I did not know of this shortcut and I am very grateful.

Yes we all know you can goto history to find your old closed windows, what he is showing is totally different and frankly we didn't all need your worthless opinion on HIS discovery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.