Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ppdix

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2001
Miami Beach
No, just no. No no no no no, NO. Buy an android device, please. Stop making it sound like bigger screens are a necessity. THEY are not. this is simply a matter of taste. If you want a bigger screen, buy a phone with a bigger screen. This does not mean apple has to do the same, and I hope to god they don't.

I wish there were choices: 3.5" iPhone mini, 4" iPhone 5s and 5" iPhone Max.
People want more choices. U might not want a big screen, but some of us do.

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
WTF? Why would it be named "math". This is definitely not a real name.

The way Apple is operating, one never knows.

I don't care what it's called, if it has a modern sized display I'm a buyer. I was just about to give up on the thought of Apple being open minded to current trends.

This (if true) is outrageously good news. You'll see, Apple will sell the large screen iPhone in massive quantities.

The naysayers that swore Apple would never build a smaller iPad were completely wrong. This is no different.

1=1?

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2010
screw a larger iphone. Just add phone capabilities to the ipad mini.

Haha this made me laugh. I've been thinking about this for a while. We're kind of losing the concept of phone now. I think that this could be a serious thing where you can now buy internet plans for tablets. If the tablet had a mic and speaker you could use line to make calls and texts... why do we need actual cell service? The only reason is to sell multiple products, but I think eventually it's going to go away. Why be linked to a phone number that changes if you change services? Just get a line ID or something. The only advantage is uniformity, but when given a bunch of popular options I think the public will eventually figure it out.

Masterkona

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2012
Just a thought. http://www.electricpig.co.uk/2012/05/22/iphone-5-nope-meet-the-iphone-plus/index.html

Serelus

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2009
Vm9pZA
No reason why Apple can't have multiple device screen sizes for various users

Not that hard really

They just changed screen size, and now another iPhone? with a larger screen.

I really don't want the fragmentation in apps to expand even more. I hate having these black bars on my iPhone as is. Adding another resolution would only further this hell of indifferent iPhone apps. Let's just stick to these 2 resolutions please.

opinpi

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2006
Yes Please!!!

The only thing Android phones have that interest me are the larger screens.

Apple sells 5 different Macbooks in various sizes and configurations to cater to different needs/wants. Why can't they do the same for phones? One size does NOT fit all!

ppdix

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2001
Miami Beach
The way Apple is operating, one never knows.

I don't care what it's called, if it has a modern sized display I'm a buyer. I was just about to give up on the thought of Apple being open minded to current trends.

This (if true) is outrageously good news. You'll see, Apple will sell the large screen iPhone in massive quantities.

The naysayers that swore Apple would never build a smaller iPad were completely wrong. This is no different.

Once u own an iPad mini and then use a regular iPad, u realize how huge and cumbersome it is. Portability and usability is important. I use my iPad mini 50% more than I used to use the iPad 3. I can take it anywhere and it doesn't bother me.
I would LOVE a 5" iPhone. I don't care if I have to pay $600 for it...
Alas I did pay $600 for the iPhone 1 back in 2007!

ppdix

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2001
Miami Beach
The only thing Android phones have that interest me are the larger screens.

Apple sells 5 different Macbooks in various sizes and configurations to cater to different needs/wants. Why can't they do the same for phones? One size does NOT fit all!

Yes!

sransari

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2005
would be grand

seems desperate to have so many releases in a short amount of time but if they can pull off an iphone with a bigger screen and a higher res-camera, that might just be exactly what apple needs to get back in command of the smart phone market. I'd consider buying one full-price if it had it 4.8" and 12 megapixels.

also, i like the name iPhone Math better than iPhone + lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.