Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Solomani

macrumors 601
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
Gangnam Style? No! Samsung Style is Phablet Style! :D

The Apple critics are upset that Apple is not copying Phablet Style fast enough.

Attachments

• phablet_stupid.jpg
    phablet_stupid.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 65

NickD73

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2013
Arizona
Dump your Apple stock while it's worth something. This company is going into the gutters like it did in the early 90's.

Tankmaze

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2012
yes!!

apple have different screen resolution for the macbook and now the ipad.
why not the iphone ?

i'm guessing the summer iphone could be :

iphone 5 4"
new iphone 5S 4"
new iphone 5S+ 4.8"

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
As both a developer and user, I would prefer Apple standardize on only 2 phone screens:

1136x640, 3.75", 16:9, 348 dpi
1440x810, 4.75", 16:9, 348 dpi

Personally I prefer the 3:2 aspect ratio, but that ship has sailed.

Sir Ruben

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2010
UK
For all these rumours you can bet that in a few months apple will release the iPhone 5S, with a 4" screen, faster processor, and minimal camera update.

These rumours are getting out of control caused by the fact that apple articles get SO many hits.

Thats the truth of it.

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
Math could be misinterpretation of 'Max'. Both are lame. Apple are losing focus (if these rumours are true).

Make one phone and make it the best. Don't cater to all kinds of 'demand'. Tim Cooks influence is kicking in it seems - money!

iBug2

macrumors 601
Jun 12, 2005
Looks like Tim Cook's doubling down on security is starting to pay off. I don't remember this many conflicting rumours about future product releases in many years.

dazzer21

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2005
If I remember rightly...

Didn't Samsung bring out a large screen phone which they bragged about and THEN bring out a smaller version afterwards? If that's right (because there must have obviously been a demand for a 'regular' sized Samsung), why do Apple want to go the other way? TO me, that doesn't make sense. I guess that puts me in the 1%...

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
So the same people that knock Apple for not innovating are the ones saying Apple needs to follow the herd and make a larger phone because that's what everyone else is doing.

charlesdayton

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2011
It is said that it will launch in June alongside an updated iPhone 5, which will also feature an 8-megapixel camera. An additional iPhone update is said to be coming during the holiday season, with a 12-megapixel camera.

A 5S in June and immediately a nex gen iPhone in December.That just makes no sense, even for a rumor.

Wiesenlooser

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
People forget that when the iPhone was first introduced the phone had a 3.5 " screen. Why?

Do you think apple did this because they thought it was the best screensize forever?

I disagree. In fact , in 2007 a 3.5" screen was considered HUGE for a mobile phone. Maybe they couldn't have done it larger because of
Battery life issues.

A lot of users here in the forum are just not thinking this through. Can't you believe that many customers are not buying iPhones because of its formfactor but DESPITE of?

I know that there are many advantages of the current size of the iPhone. I mean I own one by myself. But I can see also advantages of a larger phone with a bigger screen size.

A larger surface area could give you more space for a bigger battery. The power consumption of screens and chipsets and also there physical demand of space (screens getting thinner chips getting smaller) could lead to a very good healthy battery life which my iPhone still has not.

I get that a lot of people thinking throwing away the "one phone formula" means that apple is going down. I would say if apple was unwilling to change that would be a definite sign.

Keep in mind that Steve jobs was initially all against an iPad mini. And now chances are that the mini will be the best selling iPad ever. I don't think that apple HAS to release a bigger phone, but I can't say that I would not approve this. In the end, it is about what customers want and there is a large amount of people who prefer the Galaxy S3 to the iPhone JUST because of screen size.

Did notebook screensizes ever stayed the same? Why is apple offering multiple notebook screensizes or even models? Why isn't apple only offering one single form factor on those devices? Is apple losing focus?

The smartphone market is changing just because of technological progress and apple should be willing to change aswell. It's the only way to stay relevant.

Jiz

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2011
Soon, the iPhone and iPad will morph into doing the same functions in a wide range if sizes.

mashkina

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2006
Dubai
If there has to be an iPhone Math, then it has to be better than the iPhone and iPad Mini at doing certain tasks :eek:

barryl85

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2010
Why is there so many Apple fanboys crying about this.

It add another product to the market, get over it, if you don't like it don't buy it.

Apple obviously see a gap in the market with people (including myself) going to android to get a phone with a larger display (Galaxy S3). Now I have laughed at so many people saying its too big and cant be operated with one hand - what a lot of BS. It has flaws like every device but its screen size is not one of them.

Sn0wT1g3R

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2013
iPhone "Math" I doubt the stupid name! 4.8" Retina thou would be awesome in an 5:4 or 16:10 ratio.

Nale72

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2012
Sweden
Then please explain how Porsche have released pretty much the same car, (911), for 30 years running?

But aren't the 2012 Porsche 911 longer and wider than the 1963 911 and the new VW Beetle is definitely larger than the original Beetle ;).

MattInOz

macrumors 68030
Jan 19, 2006
Sydney
Math could be misinterpretation of 'Max'. Both are lame. Apple are losing focus (if these rumours are true).

Make one phone and make it the best. Don't cater to all kinds of 'demand'. Tim Cooks influence is kicking in it seems - money!

And both sound to much like Mac.
Talk about brand confusion.

Must be some more options about to come due.

Nightarchaon

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2010
I think it's pretty much industry standard.

Its NOT industry standard for USB sticks/phone capacities and memory cards, not sure about SSDs, but all SSDs ive bought have had the actual stated capacity, not, the HDD 1000 count instead of the PC 1024 count.

Apple count the HDD way which is the opposite to the industry standard from what i can see for solid state devices

lukarak

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2011
Apple realised that geeks were almost exclusively choosing android, so they are going to make a bigger "android-flagship-like" phone.

The name is just to spark even more interest in geeks. iPhone Math.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.