Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DoubleJay

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2012
I ordered a base 21,5'' and a fully loaded 27'' through a german education APR on 30th of november: nothing for both models!

I call once a week and have never been given any delivery info, kinda annoying!

crows

macrumors member
Nov 26, 2012
I ordered on Dec 3 from an APR and call every 2 weeks and the lady always says that they have no new information, although on the last call I made this week she told me that even though their information hasn't changed they are expecting that my iMac and 2 others that where ordered on Nov 30 should arrive by the 25th of January i'm just hoping she's right at this point.

CaptMike

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2012
Living in California I didn't order through Mac Mall because I wanted to save on sales tax. I ordered my stock 27 inch 2.9ghz with 8 megs of ram from B&H Photo on 12/2/2012.

Free shipping and Applecare at half off made it an offer I couldn't pass up. Last time I checked with them on 12/30 they told me that probably within a week or two my computer should ship.

Nothing yet and it's getting close to that 2 week time period they told me. This is the first time I've bought an Apple computer and had to wait this long to get it!! It's driving me nuts!! lol Hopefully I'll get it soon!!

The apple care through BH is not half off, it's about 28% off.
From apple=$169
From BH =$122

Npap

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2012
I orded 4 weeks ago and still no news,
from CYPRYS APR. no date given.
I can't wait any more.

CaptMike

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2012
When I ordered my iMac it came with Apple Care bundled and I was only charged $61 for it. So yes half off.

Unless it was a previous model of the imac, not the current "LATE 2012" model, Apple Care does not come "bundled".

It is a add on for a discounted price, as show on the BH website.

Here is the "stock 27 inch 2.9ghz with 8 megs of ram from B&H Photo"

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/897219-REG/Apple_27_iMac_Desktop_Computer.html note the apple care add on for $122

Last edited:

mdb90

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2012
Nice thread! :)

Same story here. Ordered mine on december 6th, at A-mac Amersfoort, The Netherlands. They can't tell me anything about the expected delivery date.

My old 24" iMac died, so I'm working full time on a 13" alu macBook for a month now. Driving me crazy.:mad:

27", 3,2 Ghz, 1TB Fusion, 8GB, 675MX

Quite frustrating that others who ordered directly at Apple with similar specs have already received their orders, while mine isn't there yet.

Before I placed the order, I asked the sales guy at A-mac whether it would make any difference in delivery date if I buy at Apple or at them. He answered with 'It comes all from the same place, so no it doesn't make any difference'.

He lied. Last time I bought stuff @ A-mac Amersfoort.:(

petsk

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2009
I ordered 13:th december here in Finland and no news. It will be 7 weeks next thursday :S

• i7
  • 680mx
  • 1TB fusion

petsk

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2009
I just got word from my premium reseller who spoke directly with Apple. The expected delivery is mid February. More than 2 months delivery time, quite chocking! :eek:

I've spent 6.000 euros on Apple products the last 12 months and now they are really pissing me off. This is not acceptable.

bigfoot52

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2012
Belgium
I just got word from my premium reseller who spoke directly with Apple. The expected delivery is mid February. More than 2 months delivery time, quite chocking! :eek:

I've spent 6.000 euros on Apple products the last 12 months and now they are really pissing me off. This is not acceptable.

where you living and who is your premium reseller?

zlinuk

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2008
UK
I ordered 3x i5, from our local APR on 4/12/12. No sign of them yet and the APR seems to have no idea when I am likely to get them.

I could have bought them directly from Apple for the same money (I had a quote) and would almost certainly have received them by now.

I will know for next time thats for sure.

petsk

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2009
where you living and who is your premium reseller?

In Finland. It's a small, local Premium Reseller.

They also said that the delivery time has slipped to 6 weeks now (apple website still says 3-4 weeks).

CaptMike

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2012
In Finland. It's a small, local Premium Reseller.

They also said that the delivery time has slipped to 6 weeks now (apple website still says 3-4 weeks).

I'm still waiting for my bto
(In sig ) since 12 /15 from BH Photo

i-Rich

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2013
I've been told up to 6 weeks too (Nextbyte, Perth, Western Australia)

Ordered 20th Dec ... Still waiting!!

gallo889

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2009
So do resellers only get "pallet" deliveries instead of individual orders? Held until X number of machines for a given reseller accumulate, then ship all at once?

CaptMike

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2012
So do resellers only get "pallet" deliveries instead of individual orders? Held until X number of machines for a given reseller accumulate, then ship all at once?

BH Photo told me about 7 days ago that they were waiting for 40 units. Out of those 40 they have 19 orders to fill. The balance will go into their inventory.

petsk

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2009

When I ordered a BTO Macbook Air there was no "pallet" as far as I know, delivery time was about two weeks.

I don't know about the iMac though, my reseller said they have a bunch of iMac orders laying around, all waiting for delivery.

Ordering directly from Apple is a whole lot faster, that's for sure.

crows

macrumors member
Nov 26, 2012
I've been told up to 6 weeks too (Nextbyte, Perth, Western Australia)

Ordered 20th Dec ... Still waiting!!

man not to burst anyones hope but I was also told up to 6 weeks and I ordered on Decemeber 3, 2012 its been 7 weeks now and the best news I've heard is when I called in 4 days ago and the lady said it MIGHT come in on friday 25th of January so I've been waiting a long time now more than I hoped..

duri

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2013
Rothrist, Switzerland
man not to burst anyones hope but I was also told up to 6 weeks and I ordered on Decemeber 3, 2012 its been 7 weeks now and the best news I've heard is when I called in 4 days ago and the lady said it MIGHT come in on friday 25th of January so I've been waiting a long time now more than I hoped..

Same here in Switzerland. Ordered from a local reseller on 3. dec. Still waiting and no ETA given. I really wish my "baby" will arrive soon.

Outrigger

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2008
BH Photo told me about 7 days ago that they were waiting for 40 units. Out of those 40 they have 19 orders to fill. The balance will go into their inventory.

Mine was placed 12/25. they told me today that Apple shipped it yesterday, but have no idea how long it takes to get to B&H. anyone knows?

ahansen5

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2012
I ordered last night on B&H and just called their customer service for an estimate. The person I spoke to checked for me and said they expect 1-2 weeks for delivery. He made sure to mention that it is not guaranteed, but according to the shipment they have coming in, it should be on track for that.

Crossing my fingers because that would be much sooner than the month+ I was expecting.

For those curious, I ordered the 3.4GHz i7, 8 GB Ram, 3TB Fusion, GTX 680MX. It came with Parallels 8 for free along with a discounted version of AppleCare (and no tax!).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.