Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

i-Rich

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
Just thought I'd start a thread for Australia

I ordered the following on 20th December from a retailer (Nextbyte - perth).

3.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i7
8GB memory - will update to 32GB
768 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5

Still waiting with no info ... I'm wishing I ordered from Apple just so I know the shipping status.

How are other people going?

KrasHr

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2013
Just thought I'd start a thread for Australia

I ordered the following on 20th December from a retailer (Nextbyte - perth).

3.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i7
8GB memory - will update to 32GB
768 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5

Still waiting with no info ... I'm wishing I ordered from Apple just so I know the shipping status.

How are other people going?

I ordered on the 1st January from the Apple website.

The original order was

3.4Ghz i7
8GB RAM
675MX
3TB Fusion
Apple battery Charger

It's expected to ship in January

I made a configuration change on the 14th, by changing the 675MX to a 680MX and my delivery date wasn't pushed back (they usually cancel and redo your order from scratch if you change). From the call I had with apple when I made the change, the person said my iMac would be shipped by the end of January, and I was to receive it late january very early february. So, basically about a month (possibly less) wait for me.

You've been waiting for almost a month, so I'd give Nextbyte a call and ask that they get details from apple about the status of your order.

i-Rich

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
I've spoken to them a few times this week. One guy told me that Apple shuts down for three weeks over christmas so I should factor that in as well ... he also told me that the CTO's were assembled in Singapore. I'm finding either of those statments hard to believe. Hopefully I'll get it this month!

UPDATE: Spoke to Nextbyte ... still processing

Last edited:

lizardofwoz

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2012
Australia
Similar story here.

Ordered on the 21st December from Streetwise in Melbourne.

CTO.

Streetwise have no idea about my delivery date, and no desire to find out. Fed me the story that all deliveries are delayed due to Apple having assembly and manufacturing problems.

Completely unhelpful. Wish I had purchased through the Apple Store to get delivery tracking information.

i-Rich

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
I have a feeling that retailers are at the back of the line!!

Thuc5dides

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2012
I ordered on 5/12 through reseller Powermedia in Sydney, but hard to say when they actually placed the order. Latest delivery estimates are for the end of January.

OWC RAM upgrade arrived yesterday.

JoeSay

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2013
Coromandel Valley, Adelaide
Got mine last Friday...

I picked up my 27" beauty last Friday from MacAlert in Adelaide. I didn't do a BTO - I just waited for stocks to come in. I called a number of places in Adelaide a few times a week from Christmas onwards and they all said the same thing - "don't know when they are coming in". Then miraculously, last Friday MacAlert said they had a few come in just hours before I called. The rest is history....

Other retailers still don't have any in stock right now. :confused:

Must have just got lucky I guess? :D:D

turtlez

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2012
Ordered a BTO from Apple AU educational website on Dec 22. Order went to preparing and shipped yesterday (17th Jan) and estimated delivery date to my door on the 21st (monday). Hope yours comes soon!

Why did you order through next byte instead of the online Apple store?

i-Rich

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
It was a tiny bit cheaper and I'm a strong believer of doing my bit for local business. There's also something about dealing with people face to face ... Call me old fashioned :)

large farva

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2013
Melbourne, FL
It was a tiny bit cheaper and I'm a strong believer of doing my bit for local business. There's also something about dealing with people face to face ... Call me old fashioned :)

I hear ya. I like to give local businesses my business too, but when it comes to them not being able to update me with simple information, much less give it to me when I ask for it, that's where I draw the line. BTW, how much cheaper was it through the retailer that you used? I've already placed my order through the Apple Store. Hoping it'll go to prepping for shipment soon, seeing as how someone with almost identical specs had his go to prepping today, and he ordered his 4 days before I did. My arrival time is Feb. 7th - 14th, so who the hell knows. Also, interestingly enough, Best Buy here in Melbourne, FL in the US finally received their 27" display model. I don't think they had any in stock, unless they were hiding them (which I highly doubt unless employees got first dibs), because usually they are out visible to customers. The display model seemed nice, no IR. Though it did has a tiny backlight bleed, which I didn't notice until I struggled to see it with a gray background. I hope mine doesn't have any IR.

ThisAppleGuy

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
I ordered mine originally on the 17th Dec... via Apple Online Store (Education)
But decided to change my order, cancelled and reordered on the 29th of Dec.

Currently still in processing - with a ship date of January.
Apple did however add the $100 Back to Uni Promotion to my order when I last checked.. which was a nice surprise.. given my order was place well before the promotion had started. :)

3.4Ghz i7, 8G RAM, GTX680MX, 1TB Fusion

Waiting Patiently :)

------
EDIT: Whoop Surprise. 5pm AEST - Preparing for Shipment!

Last edited:

jDW194

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2013
Canberra, Australia
Ordered mine on 12/12/12 it arrived Monday 14 January after taking just 44 and a half hours by TNT to get from shanghai to Canberra.

BTO 27 / fusion / 680mx/ i5 3.2 / 8gb Ram

All work beautifully, no fan noise ... In fact no noises at all to speak of, No image retention, no scratches, No dead Pixels, No yellow screen. It has the Seagate hard drive and I have had no reason to grumble about the speakers, they sound perfectly ok to me.

Thanks apple it was worth waiting for.

turtlez

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2012
My 27" BTO is estimated for Monday. That always happens to me. The weekend gets in the way of a delivery that is probably within 20km from me lol. I'll post back here when I get it all set up and tested. Shipped out on the 17th Jan from Shanghai. Ordered it on the 22nd of December

KrasHr

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2013
To continue on with this thread, today my order went to Preparing for Shipping. Ordered 1/1/2013. Configuration change 14/1/2013, Preparing for shipment 19/1/2013.

Edit: Shipped 20/1/2013

Last edited:

i-Rich

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
I hear ya. I like to give local businesses my business too, but when it comes to them not being able to update me with simple information, much less give it to me when I ask for it, that's where I draw the line. BTW, how much cheaper was it through the retailer that you used? I've already placed my order through the Apple Store. Hoping it'll go to prepping for shipment soon, seeing as how someone with almost identical specs had his go to prepping today, and he ordered his 4 days before I did. My arrival time is Feb. 7th - 14th, so who the hell knows. Also, interestingly enough, Best Buy here in Melbourne, FL in the US finally received their 27" display model. I don't think they had any in stock, unless they were hiding them (which I highly doubt unless employees got first dibs), because usually they are out visible to customers. The display model seemed nice, no IR. Though it did has a tiny backlight bleed, which I didn't notice until I struggled to see it with a gray background. I hope mine doesn't have any IR.

About A$150 on the spec'd machine above incl. apple care

Arrow29

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2013
I just ordered my 27" iMac on January 18th. 3.2GHz i5 with 1tb fusion drive and the GTX 680MX gpu. Now the wait begins!

Last edited:

ThisAppleGuy

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
Question. Would anyone who made an order via Apple (Australia) Online Store, how long it took for TNT to actually have any tracking information, when your Apple order went to "Shipped" status?

At the moment, its been almost 12hours, and it still has no information regarding this consignment number...

scottgoh

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2012
i ordered a BTO 27" the very day the smaller version is on sale in Dec. I got mine 27" just before Christmas..
:)

Arrow29

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2013
Was very excited today after receiving an email from Apple; turns out it was the free itunes voucher being shipped first that was included in my order from the education store. Would have been the most quickly processed 27" imac order in the world if it was the computer itself i think haha, given I only ordered on the 18th Jan.

snwau

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2013
Another aussie waiting (not so) patiently here. Have added the details already to the 'January Orders' thread, but may as well put it here too.

Ordered my 27" on 7'th January, order status as follows:

Delivers 04/02/2013 - 11/02/2013 via Standard Shipping

Configuration:
  • 3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
  • 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
  • 3TB Fusion Drive
  • NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
  • MAGIC MOUSE+MAGIC TRACKPAD
  • Apple WL Kybd+User's Guide-X

Current Status: Processing Items

I've got 32GB of crucial RAM waiting on my desk to install as soon as it arrives.

vooblu

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2012
Question. Would anyone who made an order via Apple (Australia) Online Store, how long it took for TNT to actually have any tracking information, when your Apple order went to "Shipped" status?

At the moment, its been almost 12hours, and it still has no information regarding this consignment number...

Mine was within 24 hours, but there was a period at the start of the "Shipped" status when it had no information. Wait until tomorrow. ;)

i-Rich

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'm so done with this waiting!

Ordered 20th Dec so it will be 5 weeks tomorrow and Still processing!

Nextbyte in Perth have not once gone out of their way to give me a ring and update me ... service to be expected when you’ve given them 50% deposit on a $4K machine? I don't think so! I know it's not their fault but they should actively communicate with their customers otherwise what differentiates them from buying direct from Apple. I thought premium resellers were supposed to provide added value!?

Even if it ships today (which I doubt) it will still take at least a week to get here what with customs delays etc So I'm not expecting to get it before 7th Feb (7 weeks)

Hopefully I'll feel better after this rant!

ThisAppleGuy

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'm so done with this waiting!

Ordered 20th Dec so it will be 5 weeks tomorrow and Still processing!

Nextbyte in Perth have not once gone out of their way to give me a ring and update me ... service to be expected when you’ve given them 50% deposit on a $4K machine? I don't think so! I know it's not their fault but they should actively communicate with their customers otherwise what differentiates them from buying direct from Apple. I thought premium resellers were supposed to provide added value!?

Even if it ships today (which I doubt) it will still take at least a week to get here what with customs delays etc So I'm not expecting to get it before 7th Feb (7 weeks)

Hopefully I'll feel better after this rant!

I'm sorry to hear that :(
Never really liked resellers with Apple products, they can't provide much a discount anyway.

Hope it comes soon :) - 5 Week wait, its bound to come through the doors~

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.